Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Thai Air Asia: Bangkok (DMK) to Hong Kong (HKG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:49 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Compliments of the season, FTalkers.

There's a definite paucity in BuildingMyBento trip reports. Next paragraph.

In any event, I wrote one last year about a trip to Tikal in Guatemala, and the only other one was about JetBlue's inaugural flight between New York JFK and Hyannis HYA.

For the third entry in the series, let's take a moment to get reintroduced to Bangkok's first airport, Don Mueang (DMK):

I took the 504 bus from a bus stop near the Platinum mall on Thanon Phetchaburi. It drops you off by the Don Mueang airport train station; you can take a train from Hua Lamphong station too.

Thailand, the new colonial power?

A slice of Changi in northern Bangkok

That's more like it

Halcyon days

The Chinese reads "don't take outside food or beverages." Since I'm not Chinese, am I good to go?

Picked these up in the Air Asia lounge

How nice of them to let us know that, after we checked-in, we can check-in again. Do we need bus tickets now too?...oops

I'm pretty sure the bus drove around the plane so as to wait out the rain. Naturally, it started raining again as I stepped onto the steps.

So that passengers can get a free bottle of water, why don't they make FAs wear ads?

Even though I really ordered a green curry, this wasn't bad. If I didn't already eat at the DMK branch of the Fuji restaurant chain, I would've ordered a couple more.

Arrive at HKG T2? Good one.

Last edited by BuildingMyBento; Aug 6, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:44 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Intersting TR. We dont see many like this! Can't wait to see the rest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.