Kenya Airways 787 Dreamliner Review, KQ113 CDG-NBO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kenya Airways 787 Dreamliner Review, KQ113 CDG-NBO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, Eurostar
Thanks for the review, looks impressive!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks for the review. I have flown KQ a lot, but haven't yet tried their 787.

Originally Posted by robsterny
Connecting at CDG
We arrived on an Air France flight from BLQ into Terminal 2G which is the satellite terminal for regional flights. We had 2hrs to make our connection. We took a shuttle bus to 2F and then walked to 2C. You then have to walk through the very long check-in area at 2C (which was packed) to get to the immigration counters. Once through immigration you go through security again. It took us around 50 mins from deplaning to clearing security at 2C and we move at a pretty quick pace. We were lucky that a bus was waiting when we arrived but offsetting this was immigration taking 15-20 mins due to only one agent being on duty. We didn't find CDG a pleasant airport to connect at and would avoid it if possible in future.
Perhaps you weren't made aware of this fact, but as a business class passenger you don't have to queue with everyone else. There are special queues for business and elite members throughout CDG, called Access 1. They are both at immigration and security.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
Very much appreciate the review!

I've flown Kenyan a few times in the past, and have always been happy with the friendliness of the crews, so am excited to see them get some cutting edge new aircraft!

Now if they can just fix NBO...
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA, SQ, SPG, HH, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, Amex MM
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Looks nice! Was trying to get KQ 787 NBO-CDG on an award in January.
I used DL Skymiles to book AMS-NBO-BKK in January. KQ 773 AMS-NBO, then on the NBO-BKK leg is KQ 787 Dreamliner
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:46 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by tomas.t
I used DL Skymiles to book AMS-NBO-BKK in January. KQ 773 AMS-NBO, then on the NBO-BKK leg is KQ 787 Dreamliner
Yeah, the NBO-CDG was available but for some reason DL couldn't see award space on HAH-NBO or DZA-NBO but it showed on AirFrance site and expertflyer. Ended up flying RUN-ORY as Comoros-Nairobi segment was very expensive.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Just searched seat review for KQ and this came up. Even though 2 years old, still relevant, very good. Thanks for the tip on not using Row 1, huge help for me as I am about to go through the seat selection right now.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone flown with them recently?

Has anyone flown with Kenyan recently on 787? Heading to NBO next summer and trying to decide between flying with them from CDG, LX from ZRH, or BA from LHR. Could also do TK from IST, but i don't like the 2am arrival time.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Very cool TR. Thank you for sharing ^^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ekartash
Has anyone flown with Kenyan recently on 787? Heading to NBO next summer and trying to decide between flying with them from CDG, LX from ZRH, or BA from LHR. Could also do TK from IST, but i don't like the 2am arrival time.
KQ has really gone downhill recently. There are massive spending cutbacks, which are evident in the cabins.

My recent JNB NBO J flight had a starter of a salad with no dressing - 3 cherry tomato halves, 3 pepper strips, 3 bits of cucumber and a few lettuce leaves. There was no cheese course, and a poor desert.

Another flight NBO GBE in J had no red wine, ran out of champagne, no gin and no vodka.

I would take LX, then BA, then TX, then KQ.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: UA, IHG
Thanks for the nice report!
Originally Posted by robsterny
[...]
Chocolate dessert (minus two bites before I remembered to take a picture )

[...]
Like I was commenting to DS the other day (when he was doing it!), the new trend is to take a photo of the food as opposed to saying grace ;-)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
thanks for sharing this TR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.