Asiana A380 Business Class NRT-ICN July 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana A380 Business Class NRT-ICN July 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Two class makes sense only for intra-Asia heavy rotations. Hope they go for the three class config. on the long haul network.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
This airplane is equipped with three classes, including first suites, however it is just as you mentioned, intra asia (especially ICN-NRT) is such short hauled that they do not sell the first suites (to my understanding, it just flies empty for this particular route).
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I too was looking for the boarding of the 1st class passengers on the boarding list.

Thanks for a detailed trip report.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Thanks for the report and the many pictures! One question - what is that sort of 'latch' by the headrest? And one of the pictures talks about wearing a "harness" during takeoff and landing - is the 'latch' some sort of harness or what is it for? Is it there to secure you when you're in the lie flat position?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

It is basically just an additional seat belt - sort of like car seat belt - across your shoulder to attack to the waste seat belt.

They are only required during takeoff, landing, and taxiing.

Carfield
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:37 am

Somewhat silly question, but how are those armrests? The ones on the aisle side or the middle of the close-together seats seem ridiculously narrow. Doesn't seem like they would be very comfortable for any length of time.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Are OZ's designers blind?

Originally Posted by injian
Thanks for the pix. Colours look bit drab IMO.
Originally Posted by Purim
Sorry to be repetitive, but in contrast to the great photos and commentary, boy the color scheme and seat fabrics are dull. Circa '70's British Rail. Ugh.
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
It goes beyond me how an airline can decide to choose that seat color scheme.
I guess if they bothered to ask 10 employees before making any decision this brown shade would have been easily out of question.
Looks more a SQ wannabe than else.
Shame, since the rest of the product, layout and service seems to be on par with the best A380 operators.
Agree that seat configuration resembles the TG A380, a great plus on the OZ side.
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for saying what I have been thinking for years. I actually really like Asiana and I think they do so many things well, but that seat fabric is an abomination. I guess it *might* just have been OK in the early 2000s when the 772s that I usually fly on joined the fleet, but it blows my mind that they would consider this mustard-yellow monstrosity which appears to have been vomited up from a 1970s bad dream is appropriate for a multi-million dollar flagship aircraft in 2014.

Is it some sacred cow to Asiana interior stylists? Did the CEO's daughter choose it or something? I would genuinely like to know!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:59 am

Did you manage to catch a glimplse of what asiana first class is like on that product?
I think it would be amazing since the business class already looks so good!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by gunit770
Did you manage to catch a glimplse of what asiana first class is like on that product?
I think it would be amazing since the business class already looks so good!
looks the same as their suite product on the 772, except for different color trim.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: UA, AA
Do they really fly F empty on these routes? They don't even upgrade elites and use J service? I've sat in F with J service on domestic TG flights before, and it seemed to work pretty well, albeit on a one hour flight.

Flying LAX-ICN, HKG-ICN-LAX in J next month and was hoping to charm my way into F for the HKG-ICN leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.