Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

China Eastern Business DXB-KMG-PVG July 2014

China Eastern Business DXB-KMG-PVG July 2014

Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
5: Stop the pilots from smoking in the cockpit and stinking up the whole cabin.
Really!?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
There is no reason to restrict yourself to that particular route though is there?

Flying QR is a steady $1,000 between Dubai and Shanghai, and whilst you may see some $800 tickets with MU, they are often more expensive. One date in particular comes in at an eye watering $2,200, yikes!

I'm not denying that the cheapest prices MU quote on some dates are great deals, but across their entire range of routes, and in line with other Chinese carriers, their pricing is nowhere near competitive for the product they provide.

CA for example can often be more than $1,500 more expensive than BA on a one way between PEK and LHR. What the justification for this is, I do not know.
I appreciate the info as I do not monitor these routes (and sorry, by route I just meant origin and destination in the previous post), particularly not in paid J. So I certainly will take your word on it. If that's the case, I definitely don't think I would be going with these guys any time soon, especially given the follow-on anecdotes. Guess I was being needlessly optimistic!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawklx
Really!?
Pretty sure that happened on our MU flight the other day. Suddenly, mid flight their was an unmistakable smell of smoke. Did not come from the cabin obviously. Did not come from the toilet. Got to have been the cockpit.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Great report! I flew this route, and onward to KIX 6 months before you did on a 757. Like you, our flight was also delayed by 2 hours, and I subsequently missed my onward to KIX.

We parked at gate 63 in KMG, and there was passport control literally at the gate for connecting pax, which was a seamless process. It was a 50m walk from gate to passport control back to gate.

On arrival in PVG, they ended up changing my flight from KIX to NRT for free (as I'd already missed a meeting there) with no issues at all (and yes, the lounge was terrible).

Thanks for the nostalgic reminder!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.