Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Trip of Firsts…First TR, First LH F (744 and A380), and a Tour of Italy and Munich.

A Trip of Firsts…First TR, First LH F (744 and A380), and a Tour of Italy and Munich.

Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Gunner14
He served us the afternoon drinks/snacks each day. Really had some great conversations with him (as with everyone else at the property).

Funny you mention the last bit. We often reminisce about our time at Hotel Moresco but with the caveat that we'll probably never return because we have no interest in Venice.
Gunner14, couldn't agree more. Honestly the only reason I went back this time was because Mrs. Digital01 hadn't been yet. The only reason I survived is because we crammed everything in under 24 hours.

Originally Posted by Thor3
Great 1st trip report. I will be doing a similar trip in September, but using Florence as a hub. We will take the high speed train FLR-VCE and spend about 4-5 hours walking around before taking the train back. When we did that two years ago in July VCE was 99 degrees F and 100% humidity! We found that the train back to Florence was the only cool place around.
We are looking forward to the rest of your experiences in Florence and Sienna. We will be there also before heading down to Rome for a couple of days.
Thor3, the temperature was pretty nice when we were there, and the whether was good except for over cast early the morning after we got there. We actually got lucky on the trip as a whole because the weather sites were showing rain all week, but we only saw rain for a few hours on 2 mornings. I think your choice to make it a day trip is a great one. Hopefully you'll have better weather this time around.

I should have your PM about restaurants answered in a post by the end of the day (hopefully)!

Originally Posted by SFO777
Digital01, what a great 1st report with lots of excellent pics and interesting narrative. How cool to have only one other pax on your ORD-FRA flight. The whole LH F experience is hard to beat. Beautiful pics of Venice! ^
Thanks SFO777! Huge complement from one of the best!

We did get lucky on a near private flight. We had really great flight attendants too. The other passenger was sitting behind us, so it really felt like a private charter! I'm already trying to find a way to fit in another trip on LH F, but this is going to be a crazy year at work and I wont have much vacation .

Last edited by Digital01; Jul 28, 2014 at 2:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.