Wiki Posts
Search

Safaria in Masai Mara - and a little Etihad C

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Lounge Expert
this is the first trip report in a while that has made me step back and say - wow!

the sheer beauty of nature in these photographs makes our obsession of looking at first class seats and bottles of krug seem almost pathetic!
I could not agree more!^
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More;
Ol Kiombo Airstrip - Nairobi Wilson with AirKenya Express

After four wonderful days in Masai Mara it was time to travel home again.

For our journey to Nairobi we used once again AirKenya Express.

We arrived a little early at the landing strip - our plane was not yet here - so enough time to explore the whole airport ;-)

Here we have two thirds of it - the waiting room and the booth where you pay the park entrance (there are also toilette facilities in another building)

After watching a few other planes come and go ours arrived.

A little smaller then on the flight four days ago - this time it was a Twin Otter!

As the plane was not that big it soon got crowded. The seats are in a 1-2 Layout - and even if it doesn't look like it - there really is an aisle between the seats!

Service consisted of a water bottle for each passenger (they were in a box in the back and got handed through the plane) and some mints.

Of course also a legroom shot:

As we weren't flying really high we had a nice view over Kenya during our flight to Nairobi

This is the luggage belt at Nairobi-Wilson Airport

Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
Wonderful report. You have a great photographic eye. I'm planning a trip to South Africa for November. Can't wait!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:07 pm

The campsite looks like a very nice place.

It's amazing how cat-like the lions appear to be.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:19 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Beautiful photographs.

Having been fortunate enough to have visited the Maasai Mara and Kruger National Park ZA, I think that the Maasai Mara is a uniquely special place. You get to see the animals without the usual crowds (or even tour buses) that you might get on the public parts of Kruger.

I think your photographs capture that beautifully. Rarely another person or group.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More;
Originally Posted by dkc71
Wonderful report. You have a great photographic eye. I'm planning a trip to South Africa for November. Can't wait!
Thank you very much - and have Fun in South Africa

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
The campsite looks like a very nice place.

It's amazing how cat-like the lions appear to be.
It really was a Nice Place - and all the Staff were really friendly und Helpful too.

Actually the longer i watch my cat at home i get the Impression its the other way around - he thinks eh is a Lion!

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Beautiful photographs.

Having been fortunate enough to have visited the Maasai Mara and Kruger National Park ZA, I think that the Maasai Mara is a uniquely special place. You get to see the animals without the usual crowds (or even tour buses) that you might get on the public parts of Kruger.

I think your photographs capture that beautifully. Rarely another person or group.
I havent been to another park so far so i cant compare - but the Mara was everything we Hoped for and more.
And it really was a private experience - we didn't see any tour buses - only met a few other jeeps.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
A wonderful TR - have also been to Africa and seen the supermodel cheetahs posing for photos but couldn't approach your photography. Awesome animal photos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.