BKK-PEK 2 of 3

Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
BKK-PEK 3 of 3

Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Gold
Transit in BBK: Of intelligent efficient lighting...

I noticed the lightening in the airport is softer; one could almost say it appears dimmer in the airport than most other airports which are typically brightly lit. I decided to investigate and it appears Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport is one of the most creatively lit and energy-efficient airport terminals in the world. Lighting is controlled, monitored and optimized by an ABB intelligent installation one of the most widely-used intelligent building installation systems in the industry. http://www.abb.com/cawp/seitp202/4f6...300459d3f.aspx
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:15 pm

BBK-PEK on Thai Airways: Of hard-case amentity kits and orchid corsage...

From boarding the plane and prior to take-off, I was greeted on two occasions, once by the chief steward and another time by my flight attendent, both welcoming us to the flight. It was a nice touch to starting the journey.

The inflight meal was well-prepared, both visually appealing and delicious. I enjoyed my meal very much. The amenity bag given out in Business Class came in a Porsche-Design purple hard case. It is a change from the soft cases that I typically get from other airlines I have travelled with. It certainly looks and feels to be of better quality and make.

The most disappointing part of the flight was to be the seat which felt "stiff and uncomfortable."

Just prior to arrival, each passengers was handed a corsage-like farewell token made of orchids. It is a nice gesture although I cant make out if it is meant to serve another purpose. I noticed many passengers simply left it onboard and did not take it with them when they left the flight. Pity...
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This concludes my portion of this trip report. It has been over an year since I did a TR here, thanks to SAUCflyer's willingness to participate.

Perhaps all the business travels have made me tired and less interested in flying, but I still get excited taking photos during the trips.

As exciting as eating great food, staying at nice hotels and enjoying international premium cabins, I treasure familiarity and normalcy in the mix of hectic business travels. All that great food, SQ bento box, Japanese delicacies, flatbeds in the sky and airport lounges cannot beat having a good American breakfast and sharing stories with my parents during my one day stopover in Palm Beach county on this trip.

Often, we look for excitements in far places and in the forms of transportation that take us there, but we should not forget where we came from and how we got here in the first place!

Until the next TR, happy travel everyone!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 22, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
This concludes my portion of this trip report. It has been over an year since I did a TR here, thanks to SAUCflyer's willingness to participate.
You are most welcome UA_Flyer! It has been a real pleasure co-authoring this TR with someone who I know painstakingly go through a mountain of photos to finally select a small number that become what FYers get to see in the photo posts; such dedication is really commendable ^
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Once again, great report with good pictures. Looking forward to more! ^
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:36 am

The Finale: Of Final Thoughts and Reflection...

I have always believe that the joys of travel lie not only in the destinations but also in the journeys themselves. However, I learnt from co-authoring this FT that it goes further than that.

The joys of travel come also from hitting the roads with a like-minded travel companion and sharing with others experiences gained every-step-of-the-way.

This forum and FTers (yes you!) showed me how I can do this effortlessly, in style, and with some addiction!; and UA_Flyer gave me the opportunity to do so! What a trip this has been! Thanks so much for reading!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Thanks to the both of you, SAUCflyer and UA_Flyer I have really enjoyed the entire trip report.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAUCflyer
The Finale: Of Final Thoughts and Reflection...

I have always believe that the joys of travel lie not only in the destinations but also in the journeys themselves. However, I learnt from co-authoring this FT that it goes further than that.

The joys of travel come also from hitting the roads with a like-minded travel companion and sharing with others experiences gained every-step-of-the-way.

This forum and FTers (yes you!) showed me how I can do this effortlessly, in style, and with some addiction!; and UA_Flyer gave me the opportunity to do so! What a trip this has been! Thanks so much for reading!
Perhaps you should consider doing a stand-alone trip report soon!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Truly outstanding report. Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.