Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Champlagnes - (TG F, OZ J & F, NH F) - (Sofitel, Hyatt, Conrad, Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Champlagnes - (TG F, OZ J & F, NH F) - (Sofitel, Hyatt, Conrad, Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
This is an excellent trip report. Thank you for writing it.

The So Sofitel looks amazing, and is not (for someone used to London hotel rates) at all expensive. Both I and the other half agree we will stay there next time we go to Bangkok.

ANA First looks amazing too, but it will take me some more effort to get there
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wonderful report. I agree with the poster above the Sofitel SO in Bangkok looks stunning. Must give it a try one day.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by injian
Well done sir, well done .
Originally Posted by Chalkie
A crackerjack TR. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks so much.
Originally Posted by MrBo
Great trip report. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
Originally Posted by choch345
Top notch!
Originally Posted by stu1985
Great report man! Especially enjoyed the ANA parts - what a treat!

Look forward to the next one!
Thanks guys!
(the next one is here)

Originally Posted by tng11
Magnificent report! ^

Your experience of NH F brings back very fond memories of mine back in December last year. I'm excited to have another NH F trip in November, can't wait.
Thanks, I wish I had another NH F trip coming up in November Enjoy^

Originally Posted by lamphs
Fantastic report. I did OZ FRA-ICN F in January - only passenger in F. And I have NH NRT-ORD F in October. Your report has given me a lot to look forward to!
Wow, I am super jealous on both counts!

Originally Posted by BlakeySFC
Fantastic report, OZ and NH F look absolutely incredible experiences.

I've flown OZ before but only in Y unfortunately.

The Sofitel in Bangkok as well, I didn't even know that hotel existed, what a place! Looked at the Conrad myself when doing research for a trip to Japan in 2007, but decided on the Park Hyatt instead at the time.
Thanks. Yeah if it wasn't for Accor Platinum I probably wouldn't have it on my list. I'm definitely glad that I chose it in the end though! Not much Sofitel love on FT, I guess because Hyatt and SPG have so many more, 'glamour' redemptions available.

Originally Posted by tng11
Out of curiosity to the OP:

Did you have to request for them to save you the dishes from the Western menu for later in the flight? I want to try both menus the next time I fly NH F, the last time I flew with them I didn't bother asking if they had seconds later in the flight from the main menu... (but come to think of it, I did order the Japanese menu + 2 Western appetizers and dessert for my first meal, so I guess they have extras)

Nope, no massive forethought on my part. I knew I wanted the Kaiseki menu for sure and then ordered more stuff after.

I guess it makes sense that the fish wouldn't stay fresh late into the flight, whereas the Western options keep better.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:52 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flatlander
This is an excellent trip report. Thank you for writing it.

The So Sofitel looks amazing, and is not (for someone used to London hotel rates) at all expensive. Both I and the other half agree we will stay there next time we go to Bangkok.

ANA First looks amazing too, but it will take me some more effort to get there
Thanks! Also, thanks for resurrecting the thread. I missed loads of people's comments. Glad I've now had a chance to reply.

Yeah, Sofitel is an amazing value proposition even in the competitive Bangkok market. Definitely in my top 5 hotels worldwide.

Lifemiles has a 100% miles bonus at the moment....

Originally Posted by Moomba
Wonderful report. I agree with the poster above the Sofitel SO in Bangkok looks stunning. Must give it a try one day.
Thanks Moomba, that means a lot coming from you. I've enjoyed a lot of your reports over the years.

It looks like the Sofitel So is going to see an influx of new bookings after this TR!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, GHA Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Platinum IHG, Marco Polo Gold
WOW!! This TR is truly remarkable. Your style of writing and pictures explained the entire thing as if I was actually there witnessed the actions along with you. It's been an absolute joy to read and cant get enough of it.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by golfhan1
WOW!! This TR is truly remarkable. Your style of writing and pictures explained the entire thing as if I was actually there witnessed the actions along with you. It's been an absolute joy to read and cant get enough of it.
Ah, the nostalgia. It's been a year since this was on the front page. I really had a great time on this trip.

Many thanks for the kind words. On average you post once a year, I'm honoured to be your choice for 2015

I created a site to link all my TRs in the same place, the link is in my sig. I hope you'll have a chance to read the rest of them!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Planning

I spent the next week trawling through the ANA search engine, trying all sorts combinations of flights and carriers. Call me crazy but piecing together an itinerary, to me, is one of the most satisfying parts of the travel ‘experience’.

[/URL]

I started reading this report after the sun, ski one (which was great btw) and I couldn't agree with you more! I sometimes don't know where the time went because get lost in the "piecing together an itinerary"! Great start of this one.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:24 am

Pretty funny how the deck of Thai cards has "For Export Only" on it...because, believe it or not, possessing and using decks of cards is actually illegal in Thailand as they're considered gambling implements. If you are caught playing a game of cards by the police one can be fined or arrested. Welcome to the Land of [fake] Smiles.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Not sure how I had missed your conclusion...but really great TR ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.