Flight info

Route: LHR-HKG
Flight # : BA25
Depart: 18:35
Arrive: 13:15(+1)
Equipment: A388
Seat: 2K

Welcome to another trip report,

Here are a few teaser pics but please see the video (no ads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhO30VUwehQ

Comments

I arrived @ LHR on a connecting BA flight in the morning (report to follow) with an 8 hour layover. I reserved a ‘cabana’ about a week earlier so after a long transfer process of getting to 5A I made my way to ’Concorde Room’ and crashed for about 4 hours. I had a light meal in the dining area. At the appointed time, I was chauffeured to my plane … oh, I forgot, I’m not in Frankfurt, Zurich or Paris - I trained it out to 5C. Boarding was done by priority but there was already a quite a large queue in the crowded gate area - with the narrow aisle making it more difficult.

The load in F looked to be around 6 or 7 out of 14. I was offered a pre-departure drink and take off was on time. Once cruising altitude was reached, the meal service began. My choices were:

ham terrine (very good)
salad (o.k.)
Angus (good)

After the meal service I went to sleep and woke up somewhere over eastern Russia. For breakfast I had the pancakes which were very dry.

Summary
_______

Pros: comfortable seat and very good/attentive service, very comfortable F lounge

Cons: food not consistent, F class should have been on upper deck with the larger lavs, F class ground experience lacking

I didn’t use the IFE (except for the airshow) so I cannot comment on that.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Such a classy cabin!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:45 am

Nice TR!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Thanks for the pics.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great report AndrewE. If you want some fun, post a link to your report in the BA forum. Some of our British friends get very defensive.

Originally Posted by AndrewE
At the appointed time, I was chauffeured to my plane … oh, I forgot, I’m not in Frankfurt, Zurich or Paris - I trained it out to 5C.
LOL.

Originally Posted by AndrewE
Pros: comfortable seat and very good/attentive service, very comfortable F lounge
Cons: food not consistent, F class should have been on upper deck with the larger lavs, F class ground experience lacking
Pretty much spot on. IMO, BA First is more like J+.

Our one BA A380 experience (LHR-LAX) let us spend an hour on board in what I would agree is a comfortable seat... before the whale went mechanical and was swapped out for a 744, five hours later.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Great report AndrewE. If you want some fun, post a link to your report in the BA forum. Some of our British friends get very defensive.
Give us a break, BA is all we have left of the empire, it's close to our hearts!

I think most of us are at peace that BA is a sound middle of the pack airline, although BA management hasn't figured it out yet. It's never going to be SQ and equally, you would hope, it won't be UA either!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Thank you for the trip report, your perspective on the experience, photos and video. I fly this route in first on BA in July and look forward to it. Do you have a sense for which seats you would recommend for a couple? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:04 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Joely
it won't be UA either!
While UA sucks, their new F-class seats seem to be better than NF
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Nice report. Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
While UA sucks, their new F-class seats seem to be better than NF
But do they still serve $30 bottles of "champaign", food on paper UA napkins etc?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
But do they still serve $30 bottles of "champaign", food on paper UA napkins etc?
$30?? They spend that much?

Seriously though, I was impressed with some of the wine selections at the ORD GFL in February... while waiting for our LH First flight.

Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
literally everything about UA is sub-par, except the hard product in F, the GFL @ SFO & NRT, and some of the excellent staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.