Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought I knew what insanity was. But some of these MR's really do take the cake . Are these even survivable without drinking heavily?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Bear in mind there may be two or more separately ticketed trips, mine certainly is. So there is a BRU-HNL return, and a nested HNL-SJU ticket. The OP's look similar in that there is again a BRU-HNL return and a nested HNL-STT trip.

In terms of cost, there are often exBRU or exAMS sales to the US and generally the cost of a return to say HNL is Ł1400-Ł1800. You can play about with aa.com and ita matrix to maximise the TPs whilst keeping the price down. You can book on aa.com, but if you want to book with BA you need to call since the website doesn't give the AA numbers for the AA flights or the routings you want.

For the nested HNL-XXX trips these are usually booked on aa.com since they are exclusively AA flights (presume you can book them on the usairways.com site, although I am not sure how good there booking engine is at letting you explore different routings. A HNL-XXX trip, where XXX is somewhere in the Carribean, are usually Ł800-Ł900.
Cheers KARFA. I've always said the very best people are born in '79!

I'm still sure doing one of these would kill me off though
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wonderman
I'm not sure if there is a dedicated section for this
Yes, there is. It's here. FT Trip Reports forum/
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by CzeSEN
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought I knew what insanity was. But some of these MR's really do take the cake . Are these even survivable without drinking heavily?
was going to ask the same, incredible
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Apologies to the OP, we seems to have hijacked the thread and making it more of a general US and HNL TP run meeting place.

Actually I meant to start something along these lines but hadn't got around to it. There are quite a few of us in the air over the US across the next week and would be nice to meet other FT'ers during the journey. Like the OP I am travelling alone, and although I usually travel alone and am happy to do so, it may be nice to bump in to someone along the route who is similarly mad!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Flibby - looks like you'll be in HNL (first time round!) at the same time as me. Are you staying near the airport?
No I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Waikiki. Karfa has already informed me of the suggested meet up on the Tuesday evening, so all being well I'll see you then!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by flibbly
No I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Waikiki. Karfa has already informed me of the suggested meet up on the Tuesday evening, so all being well I'll see you then!
Excellent. Looks like we have a nice mini-FT do possibly on Tuesday evening.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Tis must be the season for TP runs. I am on one at the moment and know least one other FTer who by coincidence was on same flight as me yesterday (which we had spotted through here hence met up for breakfast in the lounge).
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
I will also be in His at the same time as fibbly :-D
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:41 pm

Surely one runs the risk that after this sort of trip you'll be so uninterested in flying, airports etc that GGL or not the novelty would have worn off to such an extent that one would only want to go in an airport if absolutely necessary!!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BugAlugs
I will also be in His at the same time as fibbly :-D
Are you in Honolulu on Tuesday evening? Would you like to join us? I won't get there until 9pm, but flibbly and LondonAndy are there earlier so I don't know whether you want to meet a bit earlier and I will turn up when I can. Anyway, I am sure you are welcome to join us. There is no plan apart from having a drink or two and a chat. I have an early flight on Wednesday morning and I think LondonAndy does too so it isn't going to be too late.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Those arriving soon - bring an umbrella! Pouring at the minute! There is a lunar eclipse Monday night with a special event at the Bishop Museum.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sammy..uk
Surely one runs the risk that after this sort of trip you'll be so uninterested in flying, airports etc that GGL or not the novelty would have worn off to such an extent that one would only want to go in an airport if absolutely necessary!!
nah
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
nah
^ +1.

Well and truly hooked. And there is next membership year and trips to plan.

The only thing a high TP count does, is making me fairly non fussed about even 80 TPs for a CE trip - though every little helps. Certainly has stopped me from being "upset" about taking Eurostar as the 20 TPs really don't matter.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by CzeSEN
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Yep. Tee total here - don't touch a drop and am surviving the trips (though my biggest non-stop run of 52 hours with 10 flights including 2 same plane turn-arounds in Mexico (clearing immigration - and then again in MIA explaining purpose of my trip - twice in 2 days)) is only starting tomorrow so I might have a different answer to the "coping" question on Wednesday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.