Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Viceroy Maldives

Video Sharing for my 10th stay in Maldives - Viceroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb0P...er&app=desktop
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Stayed in Viceroy Maldives for Christmas and year end 2013, taken videos by Gopro Hero3+, with underwater and aerial shot by DJI phantom quadcopter.
Pls. feel free to ask me question about my trip.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
MaldivesFrequentTraveller,

Please adjust your post to adhere with the TR forum rules:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...o-content.html

Thanks,

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Stayed at Duplex water villa, very spacious, pretty design and comfortable. With Cockroaches problem though.

Different from other Maldives island with very calm lagoon. This island's location is extremely windy and wavy, current was so strong at the outside of the lagoon, but that’s the side which the house reef located, we were only able to snorkel twice during 9 days, what a shame. About half of the reef is bleached, but very rich in marine life as you seen in the video. The corals are located quite deep, a bit far to see even at low tide.

Food is very nice, but pricey.

Service was the best we have in Maldives so far (We’ve stayed in 11 islands).

In the video, the underwater shots after the dhoni boat trip and before the beach aerial shots are taken at a snorkeling trip, others are taken at house reef.

Viceroy house reef is very difficult to access, either from the channel next to Tree house, which is the beach and wave breakers shots in the video or a stair case at the jetty around water villa 35, which is the strong wave shot taken at the water villa jetty, as it can tell from the video, the wave and current was very strong most of the time during our stay (we went end Dec and it was a quite good season for this atoll, can’t imagine how is it during Summer time, April is their most calm season).

We saw dolphins from tree house one day and saw a little Manta ray from my water villa deck one early morning.

Will have a more detail review soon
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:41 am

Thumbs up More info

Hey there - thanks for posting your review. Would love more detail if you have it. We are considering a stay at the end of September. A bit worried about wind/weather this far north. Also our stay includes half board, so that could ease the pain on food prices, but would love more insight. Thank you!!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:56 pm

What was your favourite island / hotel?

Beautiful video / music.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFrequentTraveller
Stayed at Duplex water villa, very spacious, pretty design and comfortable. With Cockroaches problem though.

Different from other Maldives island with very calm lagoon. This island's location is extremely windy and wavy, current was so strong at the outside of the lagoon, but that’s the side which the house reef located, we were only able to snorkel twice during 9 days, what a shame. About half of the reef is bleached, but very rich in marine life as you seen in the video. The corals are located quite deep, a bit far to see even at low tide.

Food is very nice, but pricey.

Service was the best we have in Maldives so far (We’ve stayed in 11 islands).

In the video, the underwater shots after the dhoni boat trip and before the beach aerial shots are taken at a snorkeling trip, others are taken at house reef.

Viceroy house reef is very difficult to access, either from the channel next to Tree house, which is the beach and wave breakers shots in the video or a stair case at the jetty around water villa 35, which is the strong wave shot taken at the water villa jetty, as it can tell from the video, the wave and current was very strong most of the time during our stay (we went end Dec and it was a quite good season for this atoll, can’t imagine how is it during Summer time, April is their most calm season).

We saw dolphins from tree house one day and saw a little Manta ray from my water villa deck one early morning.

Will have a more detail review soon
Hi,
thanks for your posting. how bad is the cockroach problem in the beach villas? Going to Maldives for the first time also going to Conrad. with family a 12 and 6 year old.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by peteyb
Hi,
thanks for your posting. how bad is the cockroach problem in the beach villas? Going to Maldives for the first time also going to Conrad. with family a 12 and 6 year old.
I was just at the Maldives Conrad last month. The water villa I stayed at was extremely clean and didn't have any roach problems. However, because the water villas are erected directly above the beach, you can easily spot a lot of crabs all around you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.