Wiki Posts
Search

Joyriding Across the Atlantic: United BusinessFirst & SAS Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
An afternoon in Manhattan

I arrive in New York just past 12.30pm, and with roughly five hours to go before my flight departs I chose to just stick around the area near Penn Station. The weather in New York is chilly this afternoon, and after walk to Times Square and a tour around the neighborhoods I return to Penn Station at 3pm to catch the Air Train back to Newark.

Here are some pictures from my short stay in New York:

After a smooth 30 minute train ride I arrive at Newark Terminal B where SAS departs. I was originally planning to stop by at the SAS counters to pick up a new boarding pass, but seeing how long the lines were I decided to abandon those plans and head straight to security. The security lines were long, and despite there being a separate lane for premium passengers it simply led back ot the general lane. Luckily the TSA agents and their military routines kept things running smoothly and despite the queues being long they moved on at a quick pace. In total I didn’t queue for more than three minutes, and while I may not be a big fan of the scanners they did get the job done quickly.

Lufthansa Senator Lounge Newark

Star Alliance passengers at Newark concourse B3 have two lounges to chose from: The SAS Business Lounge or the newly opened Lufthansa Business and Senator Lounges. I opted for the latter since it’s much superior to the run down SAS Lounge. It also happened to be less crowded since the Dusseldorf flight had just been called.

At the entrance I am greeted by the friendly receptionist who scans my boarding pass and welcomes me to the Senator side. I was rather surprised that I didn’t have to present my card but I guess it should have something to do with SAS and Lufthansa interlining their systems.

View of the Newark Senator Lounge.

The lounge is fairly quiet during the late afternoon hours and I had no problems finding a seat. The Senator side is fairly small but it still offers all the amenities that you’d expect from a Senator Lounge. There is a hot buffet available with some 3-4 dishes to chose from, this in addition to a cold buffet with various salads and desserts. An extensive drinks selection is also available featuring a wide range of spirits, wines and soft drinks. Champagne is available on request from the staff, which incidentally happened to be my drink of choice this afternoon.

The brand served is Taittinger which didn’t suit my palate very well as it turned out to be a very dry Champagne. My fellow lounge guests decide to follow suit and soon I see everyone holding a glass of bubbly in their hand. I suppose the Champagne isn’t heavily advertised as most people are totally unaware of its existence. I spend a little more than one hour in the Lufthansa lounge before I decide to pop in to the SAS Lounge next door.

With the Stockholm and Copenhagen flight departing at the same time, the SAS Lounge was packed to the rafters, and seeing how I didn’t feel like spending the last 15 minutes in a crowded lounge I decided to just pick up a copy of TIME before spending the reminder of the time at the gate.

Scandinavian Airlines flight SK904 New York Newark – Stockholm Arlanda

Departure: 17.55
Arrival: 7.40
Duration: 7h 45m
Date: 25 February 2014
Aircraft type: Airbus A330-300
Seat & Class: 3A Business Class

SAS is one of few airlines offering points upgrades at the gate, regardless of booking class or award inventory. If there are empty seats left in the higher cabin your upgrade will likely go through. As a result there was a severe case of gate lice, with people flocking the gate podium to fight for those last upgrades. In the meantime boarding was called. Unlike on European flights where SAS utilizes the jantelagen free-for-all concept, there was a priority call made much to my surprise for Business Class passengers and Star Gold members. A separate boarding lane was available and despite it being empty, a massive queue had formed in the jetway.

The excitement was hard to contain, because after all I was about to experience the very pinnacle of exclusivity and premiumness. Screw SQ Suites or Cathay First, SAS Business Class is THE single most exclusive premium product on the market, or well that’s at least what they seem to convey with those outrageous fares and non-existent award availability.

Needless to say it soon became my turn to step onboard the plane, and I was envisioning myself being given a welcome by a cheerful Stockholm based crew, the kind of crew that makes it worthwhile flying this otherwise dreadful airline. Sadly however, the crew was not as I had envisioned them, and despite being bound for the Swedish capital the crew onboard this flight was Norwegian.

While Norwegians may be some of the friendliest people you will ever meet, the Norwegian crews on SAS are notoriously known for their grumpiness and lack of motivation, and the crew on this flight was no different. At the door our middle-aged female purser was inspecting the boarding passes. No welcomes were given, and neither did she or any of the other crew members bother to make eye contact with the passengers. Just a stern face and a point to the left. The crew didn’t bother taking my jacket at boarding nor welcome each passenger at the seat, which made me feel pretty unwelcome on the flight. Not what you’d expect on an airline like SAS who prides themselves over their friendly image.

The Business Class cabin on SAS A330-300 consists of 34 seats on six rows in a 2-2-2 configuration, with the last row missing the middle pair in place of a closet. Despite the aircraft and seats being a mere decade old, the cabin was in surprisingly good condition. Apart from a few signs of wear around the edges, the cabin was clean and well kept. The seats looked newly upholstered, and the carpets were brand new as well.

The Business Class cabin on SAS A330-300.

The Business Class seats on SAS long haul fleet were first introduced in 2006 as the first generation angled sleeper seats, with a recline angle of 170 degrees. Comfort wise the seats were much akin to sitting in a dentist’s chair, as the backrest had a near 90 degree angle in its upright position and when reclined the seat stays rather elevated in relation to the floor (unlike most other seats which sink down towards the floor when reclined). Personally I am not the pickiest person when it comes to seats (as long as it’s not a recliner) and seeing that you’re a million times more comfortable than in coach, I am very happy even with a slanted seat.

SAS Business Class seats.

Very generous legroom.

Seat controls.

Overall I found the seats to be comfortable enough for my likings, and while the steep angle of the backrest made it slightly uncomfortable in the upright mode they did feel more comfortable when reclined. The lounge mode was perfect for relaxing, but the bed mode may have left much to desire since the angle was steep and the fact that the seat didn’t go completely flat. In spite of that I managed to sleep undisturbed for five hours.

Another advantage of the seat were the possibilities for storage. There was a small side-compartment right behind the IFE controller which was big enough to store my Bose QC headphones in their case, and I was able to keep my camera in the space between the armrest and the wall. My biggest gripe however was the lack of privacy. Most seats are cocooned to shield you off from your fellow passengers. The SAS seat on the other hand lacked privacy screens and you were easily able to see your see most of your fellow passengers by turning your head around.

Shortly after making myself comfortable in my seat, our grumpy purser came around with a tray of welcome drinks without saying a word. Since SAS stopped serving Champagne on the ground since last year, I opted for a glass of cranberry juice and my ”thank you ” was duly ignored by the purser who just shrugged and walked away.

Cranberry juice as pre-departure beverage. Very tasty and refreshing!

In the weeks prior to the flight, I had been monitoring the seat map on ExpertFlyer. For a while every seat in the cabin was taken and availability showed as 0 in all booking classes. This changed roughly four days prior to the flight when 22/34 seats were taken. According to the friendly receptionist in the SAS lounge the aisle seat would remain empty so naturally I made myself comfortable by putting my camera, headphones and pillow on the adjacent seat. It was much to my disappointment when a man decided to show up in the very last minute to claim the aisle seat. He had most likely upgraded using points at the gate. In the end every seat in the cabin was taken, which goes to show that SAS don’t seem to sell many revenue seats in Business Class.

Pushback was made on time and we began our lengthy taxi to the runway. With the evening rush hour being underway, we had to queue for nearly half an hour before it was our turn to take off. Being seated on the left side, I was treated to some spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline as we took off from Newark. This was followed by a beautiful sunset which lasted throughout the climb to our cruising altitude of 35000 feet.

The seatbelt sign was turned off roughly twenty minutes into the flight, and immediately I decided to change into my pyjamas in the lavatory. The Business Class lavatories on SAS A330/340 are perhaps the nicest airplane lavatories I have come across. They are bright, clean and feature a window which is a very nice touch. They are also very spacious which would make joining the mile-high club an easy affair, for those who might be interested in that…

I return to my seat to find that the service has already begun. The beverage cart is rolled out and I opt for a glass of Champagne and some water to start the dinner service. A bag of mixed nuts and berries is served with the drink.

Pre-meal drinks. The glassware in SAS Business is handmade crystal glass from Orrefors, a v
very exclusive artisanal glass maker from the region of Småland in southern Sweden.

Speaking of exclusivity, SAS offers a very respectable wine list in Business Class which could easily rival the wine lists that most airlines offer in First Class. They are in fact one of very airlines to serve vintage Champagne in Business Class, and today Henriot 2007 was on offer. The wine list also features a highly elusive Sauternes dessert wine. Many airlines don’t even serve it in First, and in Business Class Singapore Airlines are the only ones I know who offer it on occasion but certainly not as a standard offering.

Despite retailing for roughly 100 USD in Sweden, the Henriot did not fall into my taste as it was a very dry Champagne. My seat mate on the other hand seemed to enjoy it a lot as he drank several glasses, and so did many of my fellow passengers. The nut mix was of good quality, and I much enjoyed the blend of almonds, cashews, peanuts, as well as raisins and cranberries.

Soon, the starter trays arrived and in the moments prior we were presented with menus. Personally I would have preferred to have the menu offered while on the ground to allow for sufficient time to read it through.

Starter consisting of a salmon tartar, with capers, red onions, chives and a garlic créme.

The salmon tartar was nowhere near as good as the one served on Turkish Airlines, and I found it rather difficult to determine whether it was smoked salmon or gravlax that had been used. Neither did it taste very fresh, but the saltiness from the capers and a dash of lemon juice helped improve the taste. The garlic créme was a little strong on the garlic taste, but it complemented the taste of the fish well. Overall this was a passable starter, with some extra points for the stylish presentation. I did however NOT like the fact that the starter plates still had the plastic wrapping on them. Once again SAS management have failed their customers, despite promising to have the crew remove the wrappings over a year ago.

Shortly after the starter plates were cleared, the main course trolley was rolled out. Unlike most airlines who prepare the main courses individually in the galley, SAS serve them straight from the trolley (with the tin foil still on) à la Economy Class. Three options were available, a beef stew, risotto with sautéed prawns in a saffron sauce or a vegetarian ravioli dish.

I opted for the prawn risotto.

This was a very nice main course. The risotto was rich, creamy and flavorful, with the rice cooked to perfection e.g having the right chewing resistance. The prawns were generous both in terms of size and amount, though I wasn’t too keen on the tails still being attached. The texture was perfect, and the prawns didn’t have that rubbery texture which seafood can sometimes get when cooked for too long. The saffron sauce on the other hand was lacking in flavor, and the same goes for the green beans. Overall this was a very enjoyable main course which left me very full.

Back on the subject of exclusivity, the tableware used in SAS Business is custom designed by the highly esteemed porcelain maker Royal Copenhagen. A set of plates from them will set you back at least a few hundred dollars, and the quality of their handmade fine bone china is impeccable.

The trays are soon cleared before the dessert trolley is rolled out. By this time I am feeling very full from the dinner service, and with my still running on European time I was starting to get a bit tired as the time was getting near 2am. The desserts on offer were a strawberry cheesecake, fresh fruit, Ben&Jerry’s ice cream and a selection of cheese. Normally I would have gone for all of them, but since I was feeling quite tired I opted for some fruit and Ben&Jerry’s.

My choices of dessert, served along with a cup of decaf coffee and some Sauternes.

The Sauternes is likened by many as drinking liquid gold and I can only agree. The wine had a very sweet and fruity flavor to it. Sadly my choice of dessert didn’t pair well with the wine as the fruit and ice cream simply resulted in an overload of sweetness. The wine would’ve been paired better with savory items such as cheese or foie gras.

Being a big fan of Ben&Jerry’s I was a little disappointed to have it served almost molten, but the fruit was nice and fresh.

The meal service was completed roughly two hours into the flight, and despite being very tired I decided to finish the last of my movie. The inflight entertainment offerings in SAS Business leaves a lot to desire. Only 10 movies available from the minimal 10-inch screen. The screen resolution was low and the glare from the screen made it nearly impossible to watch with the reading light turned on, as there was no way to tilt the screen.

After finishing the movie, I grabbed a duvet from the overhead bin before calling it a night. The duvet and down pillow were surprisingly comfortable and I slept soundly for five hours, not bad considering the flight was just over seven hours.

In bed with SAS…

I opted to skip the breakfast in favor of maximizing my sleep, and I woke up approximately 20 minutes before landing. SAS Business Class passengers have lounge access on arrival, so I decided to eat a light breakfast in the SAS Gold Lounge before catching the bus home.

Conclusions

Apart from the crew who were absolutely dreadful, SAS delivered a fairly decent experience in Business Class. The seats were comfortable enough for my likings and the catering was good. On a redeye flight the lack of entertainment options wasn’t a major issue, but had it been a long daytime flight it definitely would have posed some problems. The crew on were perhaps some of the worst I have ever experienced on SAS, and the service level wasn’t acceptable even for Economy. Their lack of motivation and reluctance to interact with the passengers went to the extent that I felt genuinely embarrassed about asking for something. Let a drink refill or an extra blanket from the overhead. I have written a complaint to SAS about the crew onboard SK904 and I am expecting a reply within the coming two weeks.

In conclusion SAS is an airline who best can be summarized with the word underachiever. They have the potential to be a truly great airline, especially seeing that their ability to deliver good service is a core competence from back in the olden days when they were a full-service airline. It’s just a shame to see them turn into a low cost carrier which seems to be their aspiration nowadays. They recently decided to start charging for all drinks in Economy Class, except for including one free soft drink with the meal service, and it’s only a matter of time before the meals are gone completely in Economy on long haul flights.

I booked this award for the sole purpose of trying their long haul offerings, and I wouldn't see myself flying long haul with them again in the near future as their fares are much higher than the competition and their hard product is way outdated. I am however looking forward to trying out the new seats which will be installed in 2015, proven that I can come across an award seat since they are impossible to find.

Thank you for reading. I hope you have enjoyed the report, and if you have any questions feel free to comment!

Last edited by LH4116; Mar 12, 2014 at 5:35 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Thanks for a great TR - just goes to show how a good crew can make all the difference on American carriers
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Great TR. As someone stated upthread, I really enjoy reading a non-biased person's review of my home airline (UA). So many of us have grown such a distaste for them (for many good reasons) it is nice to see someone have a good experience with them. Even more shockingly, it appears they may have outperformed (GASP!) a European carrier in SAS. I have never flown SAS so that was very interesting as well. Additionally, you have a great balance of the right number of words to pictures. Looking forward to some more from you!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
Very nice report, may I ask- what type of DSLR and lens were you using. Do you post process in lightroom or photoshop?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
they serve Henriot? that's my favorite champagne. sorry it didn't catch your fancy.

oh and maybe CPH lounge was nicer than i remember. i was coming from LH FCT so maybe i was jaded.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LH4116
Thank you Short Hair Francis! I'm glad that you found the time to read my report

I have size 10 shoes, so I did find the space to be a little restricted but I was able to move around my feet, and also utilize the small space between the seat and cabin wall. I wasn't uncomfortable in any way, but I some more space would have been much appreciated.

They were tiny indeed. Maybe I should have pulled an SHF and asked for a 2nd one

HAHA maybe. I guess the man has a point. Sometimes you must force yourself to eat a little more just in the interest of the report. Would've been a bit wasteful to accept the food only for the photo-op and not eat it

Yeah in truth I should be singing my praises to Continental Airlines since I was flying on an ex-CO route on an ex-CO aircraft with the ex-CO service concept (almost) to an ex-CO hub with an ex-CO crew onboard.

So I guess I should try the real United before making my final verdict. Based on this experience though, they were anything but underachievers. I do remember the pictures you showed me, the shrimp salad in particular. Impressive size on those shrimp
No Problem LH4116, I try to read some of the more knowledgeable ones around for sure

Extra Serving on UNITED BAHAHA
Rolling on the floor with laughter, UA doesn't even double catered an extra Main on Global First, there is 0 chance they would on a 2 Class service

SFO777 is definitely old and wise on this one
and his motto is definitely correct, "Take One for the Team"

Yes, very much PmCO concept although I never did many PmUA in the old days.

Those tiny shrimp weren't for a Shrimp Salad
The Shrimps were a Shrimp Cocktail!!!!
Now you see why I went Ultra United FLAMING!!!

Originally Posted by LH4116
The excitement was hard to contain, because after all I was about to experience the very pinnacle of exclusivity and premiumness. Screw SQ Suites or Cathay First, SAS Business Class is THE single most exclusive premium product on the market, or well that’s at least what they seem to convey with those outrageous fares and non-existent award availability.

While Norwegians may be some of the friendliest people you will ever meet, the Norwegian crews on SAS are notoriously known for their grumpiness and lack of motivation, and the crew on this flight was no different. At the door our middle-aged female purser was inspecting the boarding passes. No welcomes were given, and neither did she or any of the other crew members bother to make eye contact with the passengers. Just a stern face and a point to the left. The crew didn’t bother taking my jacket at boarding nor welcome each passenger at the seat, which made me feel pretty unwelcome on the flight. Not what you’d expect on an airline like SAS who prides themselves over their friendly image.
I would slightly disagree with SK J being ultra-hard to acquire, their methods is ultra oddball is all.
Not sure why SK likes Paid Y + Optiontown Upgrade???

Cathay First and now SQ Suites isn't that exclusive, you can get both with miles.
I say one of the moreso rare products out there is AF First, now that's one I want to fly.

PS. Thanks for the entries in the Index, I got them entered
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
Thanks for a great TR - just goes to show how a good crew can make all the difference on American carriers
Thank you! Indeed, it all comes down to the crew and their actions can really make or break a flight. With the exception of Turkish Airlines of course, where the fantastic catering makes up for the so-so crews.

Originally Posted by UTex09
Great TR. As someone stated upthread, I really enjoy reading a non-biased person's review of my home airline (UA). So many of us have grown such a distaste for them (for many good reasons) it is nice to see someone have a good experience with them. Even more shockingly, it appears they may have outperformed (GASP!) a European carrier in SAS. I have never flown SAS so that was very interesting as well. Additionally, you have a great balance of the right number of words to pictures. Looking forward to some more from you!
Thanks! Based on this experience I wouldn't hesitate to fly UA again, and I would even see myself doing a US domestic flight on them since they earn 100% to most *A programs. United did indeed outperform SAS on pretty much all aspects of the flight, e.g seat, crew and catering. Even in Economy I'm sure United beats SAS now that they have started charging for all drinks except tea/coffee. I'm glad you enjoyed the report, and keep an eye on the forum since there might be some new reports out in the coming weeks

Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
Very nice report, may I ask- what type of DSLR and lens were you using. Do you post process in lightroom or photoshop?
Thank you very much. I'm using a Nikon D7000 and a 10-24mm wide-angle lens. I process my pictures using Apple Aperture.

Originally Posted by sriegert
they serve Henriot? that's my favorite champagne. sorry it didn't catch your fancy.

oh and maybe CPH lounge was nicer than i remember. i was coming from LH FCT so maybe i was jaded.
To be fair I had a pretty bad cold breakout on the flight, and I wasn't able to fully enjoy all the food and drinks onboard. So my perception of taste may have been altered by the cold. But overall I'm more into the fruity Champagnes, with Duval Leroy and Lanson being among the favorites.

In comparison to the FCT then yes it's very inferior. But it certainly beats the United Clubs

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Extra Serving on UNITED BAHAHA
Rolling on the floor with laughter, UA doesn't even double catered an extra Main on Global First, there is 0 chance they would on a 2 Class service
HAHA, so that explains why you had to settle for an economy class main course in Global First on your 4 mile adventure Though I was more referring to a 2nd starter since they had a tray of them on the cart. Don't think I would have had enough space left in my stomach for a 2nd main course, seeing that I struggled to get through dessert

Those tiny shrimp weren't for a Shrimp Salad
The Shrimps were a Shrimp Cocktail!!!!
Now you see why I went Ultra United FLAMING!!!
Oh sorry I forgot. Of course it was a shrimp cocktail, made with what must've been leftovers from the shrimp production (e.g the shrimp or shrimp bits that fall off the belt). Thankfully the shrimp on my main course was bigger, but there was only one which was pretty bad.

I would slightly disagree with SK J being ultra-hard to acquire, their methods is ultra oddball is all.
Not sure why SK likes Paid Y + Optiontown Upgrade???
I guess awards don't generate any revenue. There are no official figures out yet, but an airline does on average get paid around $200-500 per segment for an award ticket by their partner airlines. So instead they use the OptionTown where you first have to buy an Economy or SAS Plus ticket and then pay the upgrade of around $400-500. The total cost if you chose to upgrade on both legs would be around $1500-2000, which isn't really worth it as you can buy a cheap Business Class ticket on a good airline with those money.

Cathay First and now SQ Suites isn't that exclusive, you can get both with miles.
I say one of the moreso rare products out there is AF First, now that's one I want to fly.
Indeed for the savvy FT:er they're not exclusive, but for the rest of the population who will never even set foot in Business Class I suppose it still is

But true in my books SAS Business Class have always been the impossible dream, so I guess anything that you can't get you tend to view as "exclusive" even though it may not always be the case.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: Free Agent
I appreciate the business class reviews as this is my standard class of flying.

I still cling to my preference for all aisle access so the UA (and SAS) configurations just do not do it for me. Although to paraphrase the OP up thread "any seat in biz beats every seat in economy".
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Great report! Never tried UA and SAS long haul business cabin and probably will not in the nearest future.QR J is next long haul for me(DOH-CRK). The crew was probably from Spitsbergen,there is nothing to smile about .So,your conclusion is that SAS is not only waste of money(incl.Optiontown) but waste of points too?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Finally new trip report of SAS old business class with great pictures and review points. Thank you!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canolakid
I appreciate the business class reviews as this is my standard class of flying.

I still cling to my preference for all aisle access so the UA (and SAS) configurations just do not do it for me. Although to paraphrase the OP up thread "any seat in biz beats every seat in economy".
Thank you. Yeah for me I'm very happy to fly Business as seating comfort is the most important factor for me when I fly. First Class is really nice, but in all fair honesty Business Class on most airlines is just as nice, since you can sit comfortably, enjoy a glass of Champagne and get a good night's sleep. I don't have that many problems with climbing over my seat mate, and in most cases there is sufficient room for one to make an effortless exit. But I'm sure that all aisle access will be the norm with most if not all airlines in the future.

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Great report! Never tried UA and SAS long haul business cabin and probably will not in the nearest future.QR J is next long haul for me(DOH-CRK). The crew was probably from Spitsbergen,there is nothing to smile about .So,your conclusion is that SAS is not only waste of money(incl.Optiontown) but waste of points too?
Thank you for stopping by Jaenks! SAS Business only makes sense if you collect EuroBonus points and redeem a 2-4-1 voucher which can be earned by spend on a co-branded SAS AMEX card. Other than that I wouldn't spend my money or miles on it, at least not until they get their new seats. OptionTown may be an option, but when adding up the total cost it will be just as much as a cheap Biz ticket on a good airline e.g Turkish or BA. Both offer Business Class fares in the €1000-1500 range which is very reasonable in my books. Also the risk of spending 10+ hours in SAS Economy is enough to discourage me from partaking in the OptionTown gamble

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Finally new trip report of SAS old business class with great pictures and review points. Thank you!
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the report!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:36 pm

Was the UA seat 180 degrees flat or angled?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abcx
Was the UA seat 180 degrees flat or angled?
Fully flat at 180 degrees.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:42 pm

Sas didn't look bad at all.

Nice report and pics.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Thanks for posting photos of your TR. And thanks for letting us know just how sad SAS seems to have become. I believe they can turn this all around, though. Did they, at least, come around with drink refills often enough? Even if a FA is grumpy, if they do this, they can still come out ahead.

Looking forward to reading more of your future trip reports!!

putongo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.