Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA J & First Square, United Y & p.s., The Tokyo Station Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Yah I had already looked into the seats at booking and since I am alone am doing a K side window seat like I did on NH...I went and looked and pics and noticed the side compartments which is nice.

And sorry I had it backwards I am doing OZ F JFK-ICN C ICN-BKK so I'm still expecting a great flight, will have to do the (apparently on this board) much hated Swiss lounge at JFK but am told no problems when I get off at ICN to use the OZ F lounge for a shower and freshen up.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
And sorry I had it backwards I am doing OZ F JFK-ICN C ICN-BKK so I'm still expecting a great flight, will have to do the (apparently on this board) much hated Swiss lounge at JFK but am told no problems when I get off at ICN to use the OZ F lounge for a shower and freshen up.
I wouldn't say I "hate" the LX lounge, but it is very sterile offers little in the way of food and beverages (but they do have Diet Coke!).

I certainly wouldn't get to the airport early for the purposes of enjoying the lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:24 am

Amzing photos. Thanks for posting.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:28 am

Great photos & report. Especially your photos, those looks amazing. Thank you for writing & sharing.
Old May 28, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Nice photos!!
I hope you enjoyed Japan.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Absolutely loved Japan, trying to get back in 2015.

Edit: Loved Tokyo! Would like to visit other spots on a return trip.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I wouldn't say I "hate" the LX lounge, but it is very sterile offers little in the way of food and beverages (but they do have Diet Coke!).

I certainly wouldn't get to the airport early for the purposes of enjoying the lounge.
At least you don't have to worry about ruining your appetite in the lounge with the LX lounge

I actually didn't even bother having a drink when I was there before my OZ F flight, it seemed like a waste of a drink - better served saving that for the good stuff on the flight!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
At least you don't have to worry about ruining your appetite in the lounge with the LX lounge

I actually didn't even bother having a drink when I was there before my OZ F flight, it seemed like a waste of a drink - better served saving that for the good stuff on the flight!

Well when I found out that OZ doesn't serve a drink on the ground I decided I would have another nip or so to keep the buzz/elation going from the lounge to gate to airborne enough to serve me.

From what I have read as well that on SA J for the length of flight the portions can be a little on the small size, so in November will yet again have to figure out the best plan of attack being in the LX lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Looks quite elegant, nice trip!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Finally got around reading the last parts of this TR which I believe I've missed. United BusinessFirst looks really nice on the transcon flights, and I wish to fly it again soon. TK have some good award rates on domestic flights, so I'll probably redeem my TK miles for that. But sadly booking *A awards with them is a hassle.

LOL! That looks awfully familiar to a more recent trip, I suppose
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks Jonas...enjoy your trip to Tokyo now as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.