Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Adventures in Taipei, Kyoto, and Tokyo - Hello Kitty BR J, JL F, Hyatt Kyoto, Conrad!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adventures in Taipei, Kyoto, and Tokyo - Hello Kitty BR J, JL F, Hyatt Kyoto, Conrad!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

We had a great time over Xmas and New Years Eve in Taipei, Kyoto, and Tokyo. I booked this whole trip on points and miles, which included all flights on Eva Air(J Hello Kitty), Japan Airlines(F), and Cathay Pacific(Y). For hotels we stayed at Grand Hyatt Taipei, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, and Conrad Tokyo. We stayed a few days with family in Taipei. It was a jam packed adventure of eating, flying, and lots of good food. The report can be found on my site, ask me any questions if you need any food or lodging recommendations for these places because I've done lots of research .

You can expect to find reviews on the hotels and flights mentioned above. Also, you can see pictures of food and life in Taiwan and Japan. Our most unique experience would have to be the Ryokan experience where we were served a Kaiseki meal and New Years Breakfast. I enjoyed the traditional Japanese Inn a lot and it was quite reasonable for $380total considering the amount of food we had. Of course I used Barclaycard points for that. Hyatt hotels were booked on points and Conrad Tokyo was booked with my 2 free nights from Citi Hilton Reserve.

Preview Pictures:

Introduction and Planning
New LAX Star Alliance Lounge
Los Angeles to Taipei EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet Royal Laurel Class
Foodie Adventures in Taipei
Grand Hyatt Taipei
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hiiragiya Bekkan
Conrad Tokyo
Highlights of Kyoto and Tokyo
Japan Airlines First Class Lounge
Japan Airlines Tokyo Narita to Los Angeles NEW First Class

Last edited by romsdeals3; Feb 25, 2014 at 9:38 am Reason: Finished trip report
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:04 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Wow - the lounge looks nice...

Thank you for sharing!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Nice report so far!

I hope the mods don't shut it down before you have a chance to post the rest (i.e. hurry up!!)
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the new rule of having a complete trip report. I will try to complete the report ASAP!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I added a synopsis and preview pictures to my post to be in compliance with the rules. Also updated my post to show my review of the Conrad Tokyo. Easily one of the best hotels I've stayed at! I'll try to finish the report up ASAP. Constructive criticism is welcomed
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:27 pm

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Haha, Love Conrad Teddy Bear and Duck as always!

Each property has a distinctive style! Just lovely!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Looking great, hope you had a good time
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Finished my trip report. We had a great trip! Feel free to give me constructive criticism on ways to improve. Thanks FT community!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:30 am

Hello Kitty?

Something about the Hello Kitty themed planes is very appealing to me. Must be my inner tween.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.