Search

Hotel Review: Andaz Maui at Wailea

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:56 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Hotel Review: Andaz Maui at Wailea

Earlier this month, I stayed at the brand new Andaz Maui at Wailea and overall I was very impressed with this property. This hotel opened up in September 2013 and is the first new property to open on the Wailea side of Maui in over 20 years. This property is a Category 6 hotel requiring 25,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points per night or 12,500 points plus $150 for cash and points.

However when I stayed cash and points were not in place yet so I ended up paying $389 per night and then using a Diamond Suite Upgrade to confirm a Partial Ocean View suite upon booking. The hotel is about a 25 minute drive from the airport but was very easy to find. The hotel has an open entry way into the lobby. At Andaz properties, you’re greeted by a host who will check you in while you sit down in the lobby. They don’t have a traditional front desk where you check in, so instead you’re able to relax and have a drink while the host gets you checked in.

When I made the reservation, I did request a high floor room so was less than pleased to be placed on the first floor of this specific building. My first room was located on the “third floor” which is really the ground floor for this wing. I was able to move on the third day to a much better room as the hotel was full the first two days.

Feel free to check out my full review with pictures here!

Last edited by The Weekly Flyer; Jan 24, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:38 pm

Nice review! Lobster grilled cheese does look good
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: US/AA
Awesome. Great pics and nice review. Thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:23 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by bettyflyerfool
Awesome. Great pics and nice review. Thank you.
Thanks! Overall was a great property. Can't wait to return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.