Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Fantastic ride in J on EVA Air ("BR"), AMS-BKK -- with professional photos!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fantastic ride in J on EVA Air ("BR"), AMS-BKK -- with professional photos!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
Have an upcoming flight with my SO on BR J as well, it looks like you guys went for window seats as opposed to middle? Is the center barrier in the middle seats that restrictive? Thanks.
We typically choose window seats because we like looking out windows. Plus, in this case, the middle seats' center barrier is somewhat restrictive, so the decision was easy.

But the barrier is not completely restrictive. So if you two are not big on window seats, the middle seats are a good choice.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Wow, nice to see Dom served in J. Hopefully, this is an industry-wide trend ;D Great photos..... thanks for the TR.

putongo
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
I think this is YMMV, I had a flight on NH Y a few months ago where the FA didn't bat an eye when I asked for second servings. The flight load was pretty light though.
I did NH Y also a few months ago, asked the FA for a second meal, her replied was "one meal per pax", exactly like the video how they were trained to say, FA just gave me a bread roll from the leftovers. My flight in Y did not even have 50% loads.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
You didn't like the Rimowa metal case??? You will surely be burned at the stake as a heretic by a mob of angry bloggers. Otherwise, great report!

Eric
Metal case ? Mine was plastic ! Still, idiots are paying $80-100 for these things on Ebay. I recently took CX J SFO-BKK and RL on the reverse. Didn't see a lot of difference honestly, since the seats are identical. Oh yeah, CX's IFE is a lot better, but that's more than offset by the Dom.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for your trip report ! I did a longer strech ams-bkk-tpe and eva made a positive i pression on me. About Rimowa's: the prices on ebay are high for the first class editions given by lufthansa, thai and ana. They are more rare instead of the increased supply of eva's being given in RL- business class
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Great photos of the EVA RL cabin! I helped my parents book a flight from TPE to SFO on the same cabin and they enjoyed their flight as well, even though they were quite used to be on the CX new Business cabin.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I did NH Y also a few months ago, asked the FA for a second meal, her replied was "one meal per pax", exactly like the video how they were trained to say, FA just gave me a bread roll from the leftovers. My flight in Y did not even have 50% loads.
Maybe they cater for all the pax in the plane + extra so as to not waste food.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:23 am

I just got off BR76 AMS-BKK-TPE and I'd like to share my impressions for posterity.
The Royal Laurel seat is very good, with plenty of room and storage space. However, the absolute best part for me was the soft, warm and fluffy duvet that was available. Truly another level. I'm not one to sleep on planes (even on full flat seats) but I managed to get a full 3 hours of sleep under that lovely cover!
Unfortunately I was sitting in 6A, just behind a lavatory and the galley, and it was quite bright and noisy throughout the flight.

Other items:
- The food on board (pre ordered) was very good, and service was quick and courteous
- The overhead bins are weirdly shaped, and my carryon (regular size trolley with 2 wheels) was pretty much ejected every time the bin was opened. Not cool.
- The connection in BKK requires all passengers to deplane, go through a security check, climb some stairs, descend some stairs, and get back on the same plane (the plane is on the ground for 90 minutes in total, so there's not much time for anything else). BKK seemed a pretty unorganized airport, but I was a bit tired so it might be me.

All in all a good experience so far. Now on to TPE-BNE on the older Premium Laurel...
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How is BR with drink refills. The wine and water glasses look like the thimble glasses that do not hold very much. Is the service conducted by cart meaning you only receive service when they pass you? or is it hand-run whenever something is needed?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How is BR with drink refills. The wine and water glasses look like the thimble glasses that do not hold very much. Is the service conducted by cart meaning you only receive service when they pass you? or is it hand-run whenever something is needed?
Based on my own experience they are very proactive with water. Taiwanese passengers don't drink much (in relative terms) so with alcohol I find that if you proactively ask for a refill, the subsequent ones come very quickly.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The FA's will be at your seat in less than 10 seconds to bring you whatever you want! ^
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:21 pm

They're OK with drink refills, just not Dom refills.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Beautiful FAs, beautiful photos, thank you for the TR!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
great report with great pics!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.