Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Part 1: JFK-MEX
Part 2: MEX-EZE
Part 3: HOTEL BOCA Buenos Aires
Part 4: BUENOS AIRES
Part 5: EZE-MEX
Part 6: NH Aeropuerto T2 México Hotel
Part 7: MEX-JFK

After a few moments with immigration and headed straight out the door towards the hotel. After a long flight and a less than 13 hour layover, I was happy to be booked in a hotel right in the terminal. It was a short walk to the elevator up to the lobby of the hotel. Once there it is certainly not an SPG or any other hotel lobby, in fact it's a really bland space that is not used wisely. I was greeted by the agent and handed my keys to my room. I did see one nice area of the hotel. A lounge/bar/restaurant which was quite inviting, but honestly I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was shower and sleep.

NH Aeropuerto hotel lobby

dining room

I was happy to know that my room, was not that far from the lobby, since this hotel is circular, you could end up walking a mile to get to your room. Once inside I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room, the color scheme and the lighting was. You do feel a sense of serenity in these colors. The bathroom however had a lot to be desired.

Hotel room

entrance

mini bar

Bathroom

the showers were ok, but nothing to right home about, but for what its worth , as a long layover hotel it did a great job. The beds were comfortable and I was able to sleep about 6 hours before heading back to the airport to fly to JFK.

Last edited by nycflyer75; Mar 2, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Part 1: JFK-MEX
Part 2: MEX-EZE
Part 3: HOTEL BOCA Buenos Aires
Part 4: BUENOS AIRES
Part 5: EZE-MEX
Part 6: NH Aeropuerto T2 México Hotel
Part 7: MEX-JFK

AEROMEXICO
AM 408
Aircraft: 787-8
Actual seat: 3C
Depart: JFK John F Kennedy airport
Arrive:MEX (Benito_Juárez_International_Airport)
Sched.Departure: 7:30am Actual Departure : 7:40am
Sched.Arrival: 1:00pm Actual arrival: 12:30pm

I set my alarm for 6am and took a quick shower to freshen up and headed straight to the terminal from the hotel which was a quick 2 min walk. At first I was very confused where to enter security, it's not exactly laid out well, so I just had to ask someone how to get to the gate. I was sent to the far end where my boarding pass was scanned and I entered the security area which was very smooth. I did a bit of duty free shopping then headed to the lounge for some coffee. Even though I had to ask where to go after 2-3mins I was still sitting in the lounge at 6:40am

Salon

lounge

lounge

coffee

The cappuccino was great and the waiters were efficient and friendly. I highly recommend getting a cappuccino from the coffee bar either walk up or have a waiter deliver it to you.

At about 7am, I head towards the gate. They had already boarded business class and were boarding the last of the economy passengers. As stepped up to have my boarding pass scanned they wanted to weigh my carry-on, which phew it passed, but was taken aback that they were weighing bags in both classes. One guy had to repack because he was 1kg over his weight allowance...WOW!

787 - up close and personal

Once on board I was offered water and juice. Since I flew down in a window seat I decided to try the aisle seat in the middle and tell me if I am wrong but I find the foot well bigger than the window seat. If I was to fly this aircraft again, I will stick to the inside seats since it's easer to get in and out.

Cabin

Seat

The crew were older but friendly and the cabin attendant suggested I try the mexican breakfast since I have never had it before. It was scrumptious!

lunch

All is all I would definitely fly AM again but ONLY on their 787 aircraft, the rest of the fleet is abysmal. The hard product on the 787 is great and you do feel much better and well rested when flying on this aircraft. The soft product overall is ok to good, nothing special, but definitely doable.

Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:29 am

Interesting tr. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:47 pm

Very interesting thanks! I have a question... im traveling Nov. 26- dec 2. MEX-EZE, on AM also... For Aircraft info, it only shows: BOEING 767 JET... How can I know if it the 767-200 or 767-300? Thanks in advance
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maferforozco
Very interesting thanks! I have a question... im traveling Nov. 26- dec 2. MEX-EZE, on AM also... For Aircraft info, it only shows: BOEING 767 JET... How can I know if it the 767-200 or 767-300? Thanks in advance
the only way to look it up is by the seating configuration via AM website and also expertflyer and seatguru.com
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Nice post
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:17 pm

Buenos Aires seems to have changed a lot since I weas there in 1978.

Makes we want to go back.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Buenos Aires seems to have changed a lot since I weas there in 1978.

Makes we want to go back.
Definitely worth a visit again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.