Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Great Alaskan Beer Run. Oktoberfest Alaska Style.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great Alaskan Beer Run. Oktoberfest Alaska Style.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:36 pm

Wow, I really enjoyed your report and not just because Mr. halfcape and I enjoy a beer or two! One question about the Alaskan White in an early photo from Humpies. What is in the glass? It almost looks like a lemon or something?

And, that salt water soaking spa, oh, that is just too wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Awesome.

I want to do that next year.....
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Terrific report, CDKing. ^

Your lovely photos make my city and the area surrounding Anchorage look absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed your coverage of PDX, too, since I spend so much time passing through that area.

Keep up the good work!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
You should make a beer pilgrimage to Chicago.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Great report, CDKing

Originally Posted by CDKing
The views continued to amaze me
I love views like this, with the train bending up ahead of you.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
What a fantastic trip! Thanks for taking us along with your great photos! Should we ever meet up on the ground someday, the first round's on me! Cheers!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA PP, DL Plat
Great report. Thanks & cheers.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mike&co
Fabulous report with some great pics. Something different for a change - no pics of business or first class seats or michelin star meals,^
That will my my next trip report on SIN DO and EK F. I still need to go back and finish my first class report from July. Sadly it seems more people are interested in the luxury travel experience.

Originally Posted by halfcape
Wow, I really enjoyed your report and not just because Mr. halfcape and I enjoy a beer or two! One question about the Alaskan White in an early photo from Humpies. What is in the glass? It almost looks like a lemon or something?
It was a lemon, they must have been thinking it was a wheat beer or something. Didn't affect the taste to much

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I love views like this, with the train bending up ahead of you.
I figured those would show more of the experience than just photos of what i saw looking sideways

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
What a fantastic trip! Thanks for taking us along with your great photos! Should we ever meet up on the ground someday, the first round's on me! Cheers!
Maybe if AS gets around to dropping the SAN price. Still kind of high for 2014.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Trains are good, Seat2A buying, better

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Keep it up and buying first will bankrupt you.

CDKing I will also be attending SinDo for Thursday evening and Friday only. If you are around, let me know. Beware: Beer is slightly more than found in PDX, highest I have found was $S17/pint (approx. $14US). Suggest that you book a hotel with executive floor access to alleviate the problem. Or befriend someone who has it to guest you in.

I did find out some interesting facts about my home city that I never stumbled upon having been here over 40 years.

Thanks for the report. Where were the Alaska Flyertalkers during the train trip?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by opushomes
Keep it up and buying first will bankrupt you.

CDKing I will also be attending SinDo for Thursday evening and Friday only. If you are around, let me know. Beware: Beer is slightly more than found in PDX, highest I have found was $S17/pint (approx. $14US). Suggest that you book a hotel with executive floor access to alleviate the problem. Or befriend someone who has it to guest you in.

I did find out some interesting facts about my home city that I never stumbled upon having been here over 40 years.

Thanks for the report. Where were the Alaska Flyertalkers during the train trip?
I arrive in SIN on Thursday afternoon. I cant decide of I want to stick with my current lodging "Hotel 1929" or go back to where i stayed on my last trip report. The place I stayed at last time was around the same price but had a fridge w/ 4 complimentary beers (2x Tiger and 2x Heineken) per night

The Alaska people were out of town
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Beautiful photos. Maybe I'll check out the train when I go up to Alaska next year.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Really nice report and photos CDKing

Thanks for posting. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to get back to Alaska next year.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:50 pm

Awesome report, CDKing! Inspiring, even (I took notes)! ^
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Beautiful report, CDKing! See you in SIN in January!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:55 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
seriously awesome tr! I have been interested in the Northwest/Alaska lately and this sealed the deal. So happy I found this awesome TR on it on FT!

One question for you... how much did you spend on the trip? How were food, accommodation and transportation charges in Alaska?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.