Air India J DEL-SYD - Quick Trip to India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India J DEL-SYD - Quick Trip to India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: FT
Thanks for the TR.....not to defend AI...

How did the food taste? Sure, does not look great but if it tastes good, who cares.

That would annoy me if FA's did not respond to the call button.

Does the seat go flat? How was sleeping on the seat>

I don’t think H. Blin is bad house… http://www.champagne-blin.com/images/pdf/Brut.pdf perhaps you don’t like the blend and prefer Pinot Noir based champagnes? Just because you have not heard of the house, does not mean it is shwill by default.

If you are ever in YYZ, I would gladly do a little champange tasting for you, at the end, you will know what style you like and learn that label means squat...[turns out my relative was not to fond of either the bolly 90RD or the vintage Krug 90 but LOVED the the 90 drappier grand sendre....each to their own.

you might also have found, EK is a totally rare exception, but wines in J on AC, CX and BA, at least based on my flying, have droped to around the 6-8$US per bottle pricepoint based on wholesale prices they get...so it truly is just as crappy as I am sure AI has....most just throw in a big name champange so you forget the crap wine you are getting...
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Well, you might be shocked to learn, but this is a huge improvement in service and product for AI
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by mkjr
Thanks for the TR.....not to defend AI...

How did the food taste? Sure, does not look great but if it tastes good, who cares.

That would annoy me if FA's did not respond to the call button.

Does the seat go flat? How was sleeping on the seat>
Food was just avg, barely edible
The seat was fine, comfortable to sleep. Only negative is the lack of storage
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
After reading your trip report, I am so glad I chose SQ over AI for 2 returns to Oz coming up, even though this meant a longer trip....thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
Originally Posted by stevie
Took Jet Airways J class BOM-LHR and was left with the same feeling. food, drinks and service just awful. Will not fly long haul with an Indian carrier again.
I heard Kingfisher are not too bad but I agree I will also be sticking with the 5* Eur/ Asian airliners.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by porsche911
I heard Kingfisher are not too bad but I agree I will also be sticking with the 5* Eur/ Asian airliners.
kingfisher has not been flying for over a year now....
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Firstc
AI is such a contradiction. It's either the best staff you get, or the worst...

A few pointers - Ya, food looked so not J like, but again, if it tastes fine, then whatever. Usually AI food does taste good, especially compared to other airlines Y food

And main question - How was the direct flight??? i've had so much better time on the direct ORD DEL compared to the one stops in Europe or Middle east that no matter how bad everything else is, dosent matter. Most people just eat, and sleep on the plane, so that direct connectivity becomes a big part..
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Too bad such a let down. AI was such a good carrier back in the day I heard. I will say though while I have not had the H Blin Champagne, it is about a 30-35 a bottle. For J class that is sort of on the lower end, but it is in another league than Korbel.

Do you remember how the booze selection was at the AI lounge?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:05 am

When I saw the menu, I was thinking you were maybe being a little picky saying it was just like Y. However, after seeing the actual meal......
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kachjc
Please do not join OneWorld Air India!!!!!!!!!
They are joining Star Alliance.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:41 pm

Thanks for confirming that there has not been any progress made in the last 50 years by AI. The food is ordinary and service is poor. With the amount of losses that they incur every year, in spite of the poor quality of food and service, and the debt that they carry, I doubt that they will be allowed to become part of an alliance any time soon.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
They are joining Star Alliance.

Grrrrrrr
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:00 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Unfortunately nothing much has changed with times.. I recently travelled DXB-DEL and then also on DEL-CCU.. no improvement..

U can read a more detailed review here: http://goo.gl/N27iMB
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: United Premier, EK Skywards Blue, AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Kachjc
Please do not join OneWorld Air India!!!!!!!!!
Air India is already in Star Alliance... Switching alliances is easier said than done!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.