Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Australia & Fiji *PHOTOS* 29k Miles / 5 Carriers - WN Y, VA J, QF Y & J, FJ J, & KE J

Australia & Fiji *PHOTOS* 29k Miles / 5 Carriers - WN Y, VA J, QF Y & J, FJ J, & KE J

Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:05 pm

Thumbs up

Great TR! Thank you for providing all the details... love reading those!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by chcezobaczycswiat
Great TR! Thank you for providing all the details... love reading those!
Glad to hear you enjoyed reading my TR!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Simply stunning report with fabulous pictures. ^ All the places on my bucket list, in particular Fiji, someday perhaps
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mike&co
Simply stunning report with fabulous pictures. ^ All the places on my bucket list, in particular Fiji, someday perhaps
Thanks for reading! ^ Fiji was a wonderful place to visit and relax after hustling through our Australian destinations.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Thanks for the TR! We will be in Sydney next March, staying at the Radisson Blu for two nights before our cruise to NZ. You got a much better deal redeeming your points. We have to redeem 50,000 per night for our stay. I am just hoping they will upgrade us for being CC gold.

Question: The train from the airport to Sydney looks pretty empty, was it easy to take the train to town even with luggage?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROCruiser
Thanks for the TR! We will be in Sydney next March, staying at the Radisson Blu for two nights before our cruise to NZ. You got a much better deal redeeming your points. We have to redeem 50,000 per night for our stay. I am just hoping they will upgrade us for being CC gold.

Question: The train from the airport to Sydney looks pretty empty, was it easy to take the train to town even with luggage?

Thanks again!
Thanks for reading and posting! The Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney was 50k/night for us too; but, I got the last night free as a benefit of the Club Carlson credit card. I am only gold and was upgraded; so, you may well too! ^

The train was pretty easy from the airport - the train was empty at the airport; so, getting on with our bags was easy. It did get pretty busy by the time we got downtown. But, most passengers exited before the Wynyard station; so, it wasn't hard to exit either.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Thanks for the answer, FindAWay!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:36 pm

Great trip report. Love all of the detail and the photos. I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Australia and am looking at tacking on a side trip as well.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:52 am

[QUOTE=sudosandwich;21517665]holycrap thanks for this.

My thoughts exactly! I usually read and don't comment but wow great TR. Thanks for taking us with you.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ladyjaneMN
Great trip report. Love all of the detail and the photos. I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Australia and am looking at tacking on a side trip as well.
Thanks for reading and enjoying my TR!

Originally Posted by masc
Originally Posted by sudosandwich
holycrap thanks for this.
My thoughts exactly! I usually read and don't comment but wow great TR. Thanks for taking us with you.
Thanks for coming along for the TR! And, I'm honored to have your first post after your 5 years on FT in my TR! ^
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
What a great trip report! ^

Even though I live in Australia for 24 years, I still have not been to Uluru. It is definitely something I need to do, especially with you beautiful pictures!

Surprised that you got the new Sydney trains from airport! Most of time I got the old crusty ones!

I never knew KE is getting that much better. I think I should try KE sometime (I did try OZ J a number of times and it was great). I have been flying *A mostly, then OW airlines. Need to figure out a good mile program to redeem KE awards.

BTW, as a person who lived in Chicago for 7 months 10 years back, I missed Chicago when I saw your Chicago pictures.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Absolutely stunning photography, fantastic report!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edison
What a great trip report! ^

Even though I live in Australia for 24 years, I still have not been to Uluru. It is definitely something I need to do, especially with you beautiful pictures!

Surprised that you got the new Sydney trains from airport! Most of time I got the old crusty ones!

I never knew KE is getting that much better. I think I should try KE sometime (I did try OZ J a number of times and it was great). I have been flying *A mostly, then OW airlines. Need to figure out a good mile program to redeem KE awards.

BTW, as a person who lived in Chicago for 7 months 10 years back, I missed Chicago when I saw your Chicago pictures.
Thank you for reading and commenting! Uluru was fantastic - I highly recommend it. I didn't know that we lucked-out on the new train; I thought it was very nice.

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Absolutely stunning photography, fantastic report!
Glad you enjoyed my photos and the report!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wonderful report on an interesting mix of carriers.

Thanks for posting. ^
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Great report, FindAWay. I have no idea how I missed it before, but I'm glad I did because it provided a few hours of quality entertainment while I'm nursing this flu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.