Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia

The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia

Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:13 am
UMD
Original Poster

Thank you all for the comments. I indeed had a great F experience with Garuda. Garuda is definitley becoming a very good and premium airline.

Originally Posted by TPJ
woooow

I wonder if they wanted this F on this aircraft OR it is that aircraft with F was readily available (ex 9W?).
Garuda has planned for re-introducing First Class since about 2010. Their order of 10 B77W initially would have 4 F seats but Garuda changed it in the last minute to increase the nunmber of the F seats to 8. None of Garuda's B77W is leased or taken from other airlines. They are all delivered directly from Boeing's warehouse to Garuda's specification. So, this F class for Garuda is certainly not an after thought.

Originally Posted by spizzy
That's what I was going to say. Looks like there is another player in the First class market I never knew about.

Thanks for the TR.

What other routes is this First Class product on?
This trip report is on CGK - NRT - CGK route. The F product is also available in DPS - NRT - DPS route and very soon to be avaialble in CGK - SYD - CGK route.

Originally Posted by adampenrith
so good to hear that GA has really done a good service for First Class

There Executive service has been outstanding since about 2010, way and above what you would expect

The only issue is that now the ticket prices are so much higher
Have you expereienced the new J (business) class with Garuda? Apparently, the meal service is very similar to the F service only wiht fewer number of selections and slightly different courses. Of course, there is no caviar and vintage champagne on J.

Originally Posted by shogunate03
Fantastic trip report! And especially great to see a report on a new product that is not reviewed much. The service looks stellar and on par if not exceeding some of the best Asian carriers.

Wonder if GA F would be available through Skypass miles.
DL's Skymiles or KE' Skypass miles? Garuda has quite and extensive global arrangemene. with KE. So far, Garuda allow upgrade redemption to F on its own frequent flyer program. The only restriction on F that I know of is that Garuda has blocked F for all non-revs. So, F is only for paid passengers and those passengers who have upgraded or redeemed their miles.

Last edited by UMD; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by UMD
DL's Skymiles or KE' Skypass miles? Garuda has quite and extensive global arrangemene. with KE. So far, Garuda allow upgrade redemption to F on its own frequent flyer program. The only restriction on F that I know of is that Garuda has blocked F for all non-revs. So, F is only for paid passengers and those passengers who have upgraded or redeemed their miles.
KE has a weird chart. No redemptiosn for biz but only f and i think that looks like an error.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Now thats a TR I didn't expect

And there we are talking about BA / AA / AF etc...

True class. Great TR - thanks a lot for sharing^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
This is the only way to fly first class! Very nice!

/AE
Old Sep 19, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
Great report as always...
Thanks for sharing especially for this fantastic new product...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
Fantastic report. Looks like Garuda have really stepped up their game. Hope they can keep it up.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:37 pm

Wow, what a spectacular experience. The service, seat, food all look comparable, if not better than SQ and CX. Hopefully this keeps up.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, EK Gold, EY Gold, UA 1er Plat, TK elite, CX silver,A/club plat, Hhonnors gold,BW diamond
very nice report
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by UMD
This trip report is on CGK - NRT - CGK route. The F product is also available in DPS - NRT - DPS route and very soon to be avaialble in CGK - SYD - CGK route.
When the CGK-SYD starts I may have to keep them in mind.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:45 am

WOW! Aman service on an airplane!
Make SQ F look like United F. And SQ F is my favorite F, too.

Speaking of Hasumi-san, my meet and greet girl in NRT was also amazing. She walked us all the way to the booth to book our Narita Express tickets.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: UA1K
Great report. Sorry to hear about your camera. I hope to try their F in the near future.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Enough
Absolutely amazing service, with stunning looking food. Looks like it beats out EK and SQ!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Fantastic report. Times sure have changed in the past 20 years.

I was on a flt on GIA between CGK and DPS around 1999 on a DC-10. Every other oxygen mask was duct taped to keep them from falling from the ceiling. The plane was in horrible condition.

Again, fantastic report on the new GIA! Look forward to try the new GIA, this time in FC! ^
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:56 pm
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Awesome. Am blown away by the report and the service. Truly fantastic.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the great report, UMD. Wow...just wow. GA looks absolutely amazing. It pains me to say that up until 30 minutes ago, I never knew GA had a F product. It does look a lot better than my CX and SQ flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.