Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas in Thailand and Myanmar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Christmas in Thailand and Myanmar (SQ F, TG F, KE F)

I think that many of the participants in some of the recent RGN trips have already finished their trips, but thought I'd share my recent experiences from our trip in December in case anyone is looking for recommendations. We spent 5 days in Thailand, and then hopped over to RGN for another 4 days.

I really enjoyed the time spent in RGN and hope to have the chance to go back at some point. We were only able to fit in Yangon and Bagan, but from the other travelers that we talked to along the way, Mandalay and Inle Lake sound like must-sees as well.

Anyways, this is my first attempt at writing up a Trip Report, so please be nice! While we were taking the trip, I didn't foresee myself writing a Trip Report, so the content/pictures are light on the actual flights/hotels, and more concentrated on activities/experiences. But for future trips I'll try to be more thorough on the flights/hotel part.

Recent Trip To Thailand and Myanmar

Last edited by sfoactuary; Dec 8, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: most of them
nice report.

The value of the kyat didn't really get devalued. The official rate may have just caught up to reality somewhat. But when I was there the rate was about 800:1. That was the rate paid at the "official" exchange place with several bank counters in Yangon that was set up shortly before my visit in late 2011 as well as the black market place I went to in Mandalay.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Nice ! Thanks !
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Great!! Loved to read up about your adventures in bangkok. I have an upcoming trip for the first time and I am very excited to explore the city and eat lots and lots of good thai food!!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Nice report - I love Bangkok. Can't wait to go back!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the comments! I'll be back in Bangkok in April so will try to add even more food recommendations
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Great Report! Did you fly SQ1 on 12/19? You look really familiar. I was in 1A on that flight!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Great Report! Did you fly SQ1 on 12/19? You look really familiar. I was in 1A on that flight!
Yes, that was us in in 1C/1D on 12/19! Should have known there would be at least one fellow FTer on the flight, hope you enjoyed the flight as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.