Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich for NYE on a Lufthansa Bombardier CRJ900

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Munich for NYE on a Lufthansa Bombardier CRJ900

My friend and I decided to go to Munich for NYE. Both of us have been to Germany many times, but never been to Bavaria, we were hoping to see guys in Lederhosen and girls in Dirndls... little did we know that 60% of Munich would be flooded with Italian tourists singing their national anthem in every restaurant and beerhall.

We departed from Rotterdam The Hague Airport, formerly knows as Rotterdam Airport, Holland's second airport. It's very small, which means no queus for check-in, immigration, boarding etc.

Boarding ticket

We departed from gate 8. There are no more than 8 gates at this airport. The airport is so small that you always have to walk on the tarmac to board your plane. Unfortunately no pictures of this.

Boarding the Lufthansa - Bombardier CRJ900. The flight was almost empty, so you could basically sit wherever you wanted.

Sandwich with cheese on this 1:15 hour flight

I was surprised to get a bottle of beer instead of a can. I think I haven't had a bottle of beer on a flight before. Which other carries serve bottles instead of cans?

Arrival at MUC, Thai airways 747 in the background.

After we check in to our hotel we immediately went to the Marienplatz to find a place to have some nice Munich beer.

Next day's breakfast, I'm not too fond of German food to be honest.

But the beer was good

Munich isn't as clean as expected

We took the S-Bahn back to the airpot, a 40 minutes ride for 10.40 euro.

Terminal 2 which is only for Lufthansa flights

Free coffee and tea in Terminal 2 for all Lufthansa passengers

But I preferred to go for a last German beer with potatoes and fish

Random Lufthansa flight

This small Bombardier CRJ900 was going to take us back to the Netherlands.

Kartoffelsalad on this 1:15 hour flight

Once again the flight wasn't busy.

Back home in the Netherlands, once again we had to walk on the tarmac back to the airport.

My other trip reports:
Amsterdam - Incheon: Korean air
A weekend trip to Budapest
Amsterdam - London Heathrow - Seoul Incheon on BA and Asiana
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:06 am

Thank you for the TR. I'm interested to know what others think of both Lufthansa and Munich. I went recently to Munich for the Christmas market and absolutely LOVED it. I felt it was very clean, so am surprised to see your experience. There were lots of Italian tourists when we went too, I guess it is a popular destination.

What did you think to the food on the plane? We were given a really weird wrap with egg and sundried tomatoes!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ginesy
Thank you for the TR. I'm interested to know what others think of both Lufthansa and Munich. I went recently to Munich for the Christmas market and absolutely LOVED it. I felt it was very clean, so am surprised to see your experience. There were lots of Italian tourists when we went too, I guess it is a popular destination.

What did you think to the food on the plane? We were given a really weird wrap with egg and sundried tomatoes!
The food wasn't good, but not bad either, I didn't have high expectations for a 1:15 hour flight for 99 euro.

From where did you fly to Munich?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:15 am

Manchester. The plane was RAMMED too. I'd never flown with them before, but now think I would like to try other routes with them.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:39 am

Hi HangukStyle

Thanks for the interesting report. I'm always rather curious about that flight to Rotterdam - I suspect I may end up taking it one day. In any case, it looks like the service you got on both flights was pretty much bog standard Lufthansa. Just one thing though, in that picture of the Kartoffelsalat you had on the way back to Rotterdam: what are those two 'things' lying on top of the spuds? Sausages?

And so what was Munich like on New Year's? Do they do anything special?

Cheers,
William
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by William Agius
Hi HangukStyle

Thanks for the interesting report. I'm always rather curious about that flight to Rotterdam - I suspect I may end up taking it one day. In any case, it looks like the service you got on both flights was pretty much bog standard Lufthansa. Just one thing though, in that picture of the Kartoffelsalat you had on the way back to Rotterdam: what are those two 'things' lying on top of the spuds? Sausages?

And so what was Munich like on New Year's? Do they do anything special?

Cheers,
William
I was wondering about those 'things' in the Kartoffelsalat too. I didn't eat it, but judging from the smell and texture it was 'salmon'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.