Me, the Universe, and a Dreamliner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Me, the Universe, and a Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K
Nice report ... I was worried about that 2-2-2 configuration in Business/First for long haul. In 17 days I will be on the 787 from LAX - Narita and I have moved my seat twice so no one is in the seat next to me as I am a window seat kinda of guy and would prefer not to have to crawl over someone to get out and roam.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA G, AS 75k, IHG Plt
Great report! Thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Great trip report! I flew EWR-IAH-SFO on the 787 earlier this month in 1L and 4A and loved it (enough for a domestic flight ). The universe seemed to be against me as I was supposed to fly it ORD-IAH-LAX, but that was canceled, until I changed my itin from EWR-ORD-IAH-LAX to EWR-IAH-SFO-LAX. Having done the United 787, I don't think I will "chase it," instead choosing to try the 787 on better carriers down the road (like ones that have direct aisle acccess ...)

I was thinking of a TR but you've captured it beautifully. Kudos.

Last edited by amolkold; Dec 27, 2012 at 11:00 pm
Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Originally Posted by alanro
I was especially impressed by our descent into SFO; from 40,000 feet to landing in just 24 minutes, with no discomfort whatsoever. I only wish the flight had been during daylight hours...
Does SFO has continuous descent arrivals? If so, that could be the reason for the speedy descent. I was hoping to catch most of my photos on the daytime ORD-IAH leg, but it was not to be.

Originally Posted by goinggoinggone
Ha! I cannot remember if I was giving you odd stares, but I now do remember you taking a lot of photographs. Next time, get my good side though. I was in 5L and you cut me in half.
Haha. I didnt realize you were a FT'er! I knew I should have brought my FT tags on that trip. Sorry about cutting you in half.

Originally Posted by amolkold
Having done the United 787, I don't think I will "chase it," instead choosing to try the 787 on better carriers down the road (like ones that have direct aisle acccess ...)
Yeah, same here. I'm not going to deliberately re-route for a 787, but if it's available on my desired segments I'll take it over a single-aisle aircraft.

Thanks for all your kind comments. I guess I should make more of these trip reports then...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UAL1200
Thanks for all your kind comments. I guess I should make more of these trip reports then...
Please do! What camera do you use?

Yeah, same here. I'm not going to deliberately re-route for a 787, but if it's available on my desired segments I'll take it over a single-aisle aircraft.
The domestic runs are just temporary, the 787s will be flying routes like US-Asia, IAH-AMS, US-Africa, etc., so routes that wouldn't have single-aisle jets on them anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Originally Posted by amolkold
Please do! What camera do you use?

The domestic runs are just temporary, the 787s will be flying routes like US-Asia, IAH-AMS, US-Africa, etc., so routes that wouldn't have single-aisle jets on them anyway.
I should probably write one up on my MR to SAN and getting Luche Libre burritos for the office. I'm using a Canon Rebel T3, the photos were taken on the kit 18-55mm lens but I like the 50mm lens better.

I should probably rephrase that I would take a twin-aisle plane over a single-aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.