Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A weekend trip to Budapest

Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

As I had never been to East-Europe, a friend and I decided to take a small weekend trip to Budapest, Hungary. The weekend turned out to be much better than expected.

It's Holiday season in Europe, so lots of travelers at Schiphol Airport.

Gray skies and rain, unfortunately this is a year round scenery in the Netherlands, let's hope it will be better in Hungary.

This Transavia bird would take on a 2 hour flight to Hungary.

Overpriced beer and a very small 'Saucijzenbroodje' for almost 6 euro. But hey, the price for a round trip ticket to Budapest was only 110 euro. Not bad.

On arrival in Budapest it rained like crazy... After we got to our hotel we took a shower and went out to experience the Budapest nightlife.

As it was already passed midnight it was hard to find a place to eat some food. The only option left was taking a taxi to the nearest Mc Donalds.

After eating a Mc Chicken the taxi driver took us to go to a place called "Morrison's 2" It's basically a huge house/building with different area's. Once inside you can go to a Techno, Folk, Irish, Karaoke and Hip Hop area.

After a fun night we had had some trouble finding back our hotel. The sun was already up.

Hard Rock cafe for breakfast. Budapest is quite cheap, but prices at the Hard Rock Cafe are the same worldwide I think.

Budapest is much nicer than expected. Lot´s of beautiful buildings which are still in good condition.

The second night we went to the so called ´Love Island´ at the Danube river. Many guys in this picture, but I can assure you there were girls as well...

After a fun night it was already time to go back to Amsterdam again. Budapest Airport has been renovated lately, the departure terminal is quite nice.

Not much to choose from at the food court though, so I went for KFC. 1410 Forint is around 5 euro or 6.40 US dollar.

And finally this KLM bird took us back home to Amsterdam. We landed on the infamous ´Polderbaan´ so it took almost 30 minutes to arrive at the gate.

In conclusion Budapest left a very good impression on me. It's not even half as 'ghetto' as expected. I don't understand the Hungarian language at all, but the people I've met were nice and I would definitely recommend going to Budapest for a weekend trip.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the TR!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Have just booked a trip to Budapest myself so thanks for the timely TR. We're flying from LHR but taking the train home via Berlin.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Have just booked a trip to Budapest myself so thanks for the timely TR. We're flying from LHR but taking the train home via Berlin.
Cheers, I hope you will like Budapest as much as I did.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.