AS PHX-SEA-PHX (pics/video)

Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

We flew to SEA on this Tuesday morning. We just woke up around 7am to check the email before heading to Sky Harbor Airport. My uncle will pick us up at my house. Because we don't need to take my mom's car to airport. We have save the money for parking & the fuel price, too. I am already packed those stuff for 3 days. We already completely online check-in for 24 hours in advance and there is no needing to checked the bag. We will take our carryon bag in the entire aircraft instead of going to checked the bag.

We wait for my uncle to come pick us up at my house before we headed to Sky Harbor Airport. When he called my mom at house and he is on the way and he coming at the gate. There is no problem at all. We put our carryon bag in his trunk. We are ready to go. There is no rush hour traffic right after 8:30am.

We drove to Sky Harbor Airport now. We are approach at terminal 2 and we came say goodbye to my uncle. We will see him on Friday. We will have a nice flight. We heading to security checkpoint. We wait for our turn to show the BP & ID, too. I realize that we saw other twins brother who work for TSA. We didn't even know that. It's unbelievable! It's look same as his twin brother who work for TSA. I have take out my laptop & wallet but, I leave my belt on. There is no problem at all. I have put my carryon bag in x-ray and we opt-out from the body scanner. We don't need go through the scanner. Instead, we will go through the metal detector.

We are cleared at TSA checkpoint and now, we heading to the gate 11. We wait for my flight is coming in. I decide that I need to used my laptop to post on Facebook status and I got a free wifi. I read the forum to see what is going on the airlines lately. Then I keep reading the forum. Then I done read the forum and I shutting it down my laptop.

I saw my plane is at the gate now. I ask the agent to which the ship# is that. She gave me the ship#622 (N622AS).

We wait for passengers to get off the plane and I look it around the entire concourse. I have wait for unaccompanied minor to get inside the aircraft first before me. I was patiently that I have wait for unaccompanied minor to get inside the aircraft and I saw there is more than 5 or 6 kids who going to Seattle to visit a relatives.

Then I got inside the plane and he scan my BP. He say "Have a great flight, Mr. N830MH".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaHhJ...&feature=g-upl

We wait for the boarding is completely. Because this is full flight. There is no seat change. The boarding door is closed and now, we pushback from the gate. We will leave early and I listen the safety rules instruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDho...ature=youtu.be

After the we done the safety rules instruction. We are on the way to rwy 7L and we say goodbye to Sky Harbor.

Takeoff from PHX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wacr5...&feature=g-upl

Flight tracker detail.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...822Z/KPHX/KSEA

We saw Tempe/ASU and we toward to Mesa, AZ. It's beautiful day.

We are flying to Seattle for 3 days and the weather will be beautiful day for us. There is no rain at all. Lucky for us!

We are flying now. I wait for the hot meal and I would eat Philly Cheesesteak and I told FA that my mom will pay for it. The Philly cheesesteak is so delicious!! I love it! We enjoy the hot meal during 2.5 hours in-flight.

We are almost descent approach into Seatle/Tacoma Airport but, we flying north then we circling back to south. We saw downtown Seattle and it's beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkDSB...&feature=g-upl

We are almost touchdown in Seattle. We are in rwy 16L and then we heading to the gate. We are at C gates. The aircraft is completely stop. We wait for passengers to be deplane. We came say goodbye to my flight attendant. We will enjoy our stay. We have go to restroom before we will go to downstair at baggage claim and wait for her friend Betsy will pick us up at airport. My mom that she calling her friend and she told her we are now in SEA. She is bringing her 2 grandson along with them and there she was!

We have a great flight. Continued on next page 2.

Last edited by N830MH; Jul 14, 2012 at 12:05 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Great TR, Scotty ^

I'm flying AS later this month on SEA-ORD, so I'll keep an eye out for the cheese steak!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Great TR, Scotty ^

I'm flying AS later this month on SEA-ORD, so I'll keep an eye out for the cheese steak!
Actually, you will get chicken fettuccine Alfredo. This is only for Eastbound flight but, Philly cheesesteak is only for westbound flight.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok, you guys,

We went to Boeing to see new 777, 747, 787-8 Dreamliner. We drove in the car to Everett to take on the tour but, there is no camera allowed inside the factory. Because it's restrictions. We have a great tour at Boeing factory. We saw new 777-300ER, 747-8I & 747-8F and 777 aircraft, too. There is 2 747-8F is completion the final assembly line. We took on tour bus. We drove over the ramp to see new 787-8 Dreamliner and etc.

We have take a tour for 2 hours but, there is no cell phone allowed during on the tour. We have turn it off. We enjoy the tour at Boeing factory for our first-time ever. We enjoy it. We have buy a shirt for me and I got a key chain, too. It's look so beautiful. We never seen it before.

We took a lots pictures inside the Boeing museum. We saw old engine and new engine, too. We saw 777 cabin interior and 787-8 cabin interior, too.

This is old engine:

And this is new engine:

This is me inside the 727 cockpit.

And I grabbed the throttle.

Me at new engine.

We took a picture of First Class suite & BizJet, too.

Landing gear:

After that we done at Boeing. We are going out a nice lunch at Big Z Burgers place.

They have lots of airplanes at Burgers place. I ate triple 777 burgers and it was so delicious!

We have a great day at Boeing and we drove back to our hotel. We have rest for 3 hours and then we will go to my friend's house for the dinner.

Last edited by N830MH; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:55 pm
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is day 2.

My mom have go to see with her friend Betsy to take a walk in the morning. While I am stay in the room to get some a little bit sleep. When I hear the fire alarm and we have evacuated from the room immediately. I could not understand it. I am not quite sure what happened there. I lookout the windows that I saw lots of people who evacuated from the hotel. When I leave from the room and when I saw hotel manager came see me and he told me that I have go outside. Because there is fire alarm in the hotel.

When we went down on the stairs and I saw housekeeping who return back to work. After the evacuation is completely but, there is problem inside the kitchen. So I have call my mom to notify the situation is going on at the hotel during in the morning.

So I have go to take a shower and get ready go to downtown Seattle with my mom & her friend Betsy, too. The weather is so beautiful day. There is no rain at all. Lucky for us!

We went to Fish & Pasta market in downtown Seattle. Because we tried to find a park the car. Because the parking garage is full. We were trying to find to park the car and there is one.

Here the pics of Seafoods & Pastas and Sausage and fruits, too. I never seen it before. It was came from the oceans.

We saw mushroom but, the price is almost $50? It's too extremely expensive! This is so ridiculous!!

What's up the price?

After that we walk to Pastas shop. They selling lots of pastas but, we never seen it before. It's so incredible!!

We saw lots Seafoods. It's look different kind of the fish, lobster, and etc.

Different kind of the foreign sausage.

After that we went to lunch at Thai Restaurant. I ate Thai foods for first-time ever. It was so delicious!! I love it!

Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The final day that we flying back to PHX and we have a wonderful time in Seattle for 3 days. We enjoy the entire trip. The weather is raining. I like rain more.

The day we flying back to PHX and we have be there at airport for 2.5 hours in advance. Because the security lines is too long. We have spent more extra time. It's getting more overcrowded who flying out from SEA. Her friend Betsy is dropped us off at departure level and we don't need to checked the bags. We will take carryon. We would say goodbye to her friend Betsy and thank you for coming to visit in Seattle. I tried to lookup the GDS but, it was way too high for us. We have go to ticket counter to ask the agent for which the gate number is that. She typing it down the gate number and she found a gate number. We have go to N Gates. The gate number is N1. We have to take on the tram. We wait for our turn to get through at TSA checkpoint. The lines is gotten too long. We wait for more than 10 minutes.

And now, it is our turn to show out my BP & ID, too. We are ready go through at checkpoint. We have to avoided the body scanner. We want go through the metal detector. I have take my laptop out and take off the shoes, too. We saw the lady that she hurried to catch the flight but, it was almost missed her flight. She had no time for that.

She's trying go through at checkpoint and she got all her carryon & personal items, too.

We went through the metal detector and it was no problem for us at all. I always be more respectful to TSA. Let's TSA doing their job. I ask the screener that she say it is everything is good.

We done at TSA checkpoint to collected my belonging. I told my mom that we have go to N Gates and she followed me to the tram. It's easy for us. We don't want to get lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJIBY...&feature=g-upl

We are now at N Gates and I look for gate N1 and there it is. She will sit at departure level. I will go alone to look it around the entire N gates. I saw UA B777 aircraft is at the gate and the plane is bound for Tokyo flight. I watched the plane and I watched the passengers doing.

I decide that I have go to Hudson News Store to buy a snacks for me. I decide that I can bring pretzels on the plane. We wait for my aircraft is coming into the gate. I got aircraft number is N626AS. I have to used my laptop to read the forum. There is free wifi at Seattle Airport.

We are waiting for those passengers to get off the plane but, I realize that I saw 2 unaccompanied minor who flew in. I was patiently when the gate agent to be called. Also, there is 1 unaccompanied minor who going to PHX alone to visit a relatives.

I got inside the aircraft and she scan my BP but, isn't working. She type it down the computer but, I asked her "Is that everything is okay" and she replied to me and she say yes. It was no problem for me at all.

I got a seat number is 20F. I can sit there. I wait for those passengers to get inside the aircraft. Because this is full flight. I wasn't comfortable with those passengers at all.

We done the boarding and the boarding door is closed. We are on the way to PHX now. We have wait for UA plane is pushback from the gate first and then me.

We are on taxiway. We are at runway 16C. Why is that? Is that center runway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7etkV...&feature=g-upl

We want to say goodbye Seattle and we will see you next time.

We are now on 30,000 feet. We saw mountain and it's so beautiful out there.

We continued flying south but, the plane did not go Nevada. Because the weather is very bad in Las Vegas & Phoenix. We have avoided the weather. We have some turbulence. We have remain the seated. We are flying near Los Angeles.

This is our flight tracker:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...040Z/KSEA/KPHX

We have avoided flying the bad weather out there. We turn east and continued to be descent approach into Sky Harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAP6...&feature=g-upl

We are almost home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMhlD...&feature=g-upl

And now, we're happy to be back home and we have a great flight. Thanks to captain for flying with us.

Last edited by N830MH; Sep 24, 2012 at 1:01 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:40 am

Brings back memories of our Boeing factory tour a couple of months ago, such a shame you can't take cameras inside i agree.

Nice report.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Terrific photos ^^^
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vecta
Brings back memories of our Boeing factory tour a couple of months ago, such a shame you can't take cameras inside i agree.

Nice report.
Yeah, they won't let us to take a picture inside the Boeing factory. Because it's restrictions. We saw QR 77W is almost completion the final assembly line and 787-8 Dreamliner and 2 747-8F is almost completion the final assembly line. She's look so beautiful! Too bad that we couldn't take a picture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.