14th* departure in Istanbul Atatürk
1st* landing to Los Angeles
1st* time on TK9
6th* flight on Boeing 777 series
4th* flight on Boeing 777-300ER
3rd* flight on Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-300ER
1st* flight on TC-JJK

Online Check-in:
Online check-in was fast and easy. This time I made my online check-in at 16:37. This time it was different because I need to add the APIS information but it didn’t took too much time.

Airport enterance:
I entered Atatürk Airport from the E2 enterance that all TK Business and Miles & Smiles Elite and Elite Plus can use. It’s a fast-track for entering the airport.

Check-in and APIS:
There is a special check-in desk for USA flights. Before you g oto the desk there is an APIS check that your adress in the USA is asked by the aviation security. After that I went to the check-in desk E21 for my boarding pass and leaving baggages.

Fast Track & Lounge:
Now I’ve entered the fast-track line for TK Business and Miles & Smiles Elite Plus card holders. Due to open gate first I’ve passed security and then the passport control. Then you’re in the lounge. The new TK lounge is huge and better than all the lounges in IST. I went to all of them except BA , EK and Yapı Kredi World lounges. There were lot’s of options to drink. There were meatballs, chickens, Turkish styles pides, pastas, soups and more. This time I can’t anything from the dessert side because of the sign “GO TO GATE”.

Way to the Gate:
After a five minute walk to the gate there were lot’s of controls by the aviation security then the control by the ground handling for boarding pass. First, they called C class and passengers needs assistance so I was the person boarding in the first category. Also inside the gate the aviation security has done one control. I don’t know why there is lot’s of controls for USA flights.

About the aircraft:
The aircraft was a new Boeing 777-300ER with new seats registered “TC-JJK” . This aircraft was named Akdeniz as the south sea of Turkey. This aircraft didn’t have live tv and internet like some 77W in Turkish Airlines fleet and the MSN number is 40711 and the line number is 916.

The seat:
The seat was a standart Business seat that can be a bed and had Planet entertainment system. The comfort of this seat was good and nice. It has a nice storage space and a spare shoe space.

Before takeoff:
Before takeoff the flying chef gave all passengers a Godiva chocolate and then the cabin crew has given our forms to enter the USA. Before takeoff the crew has given the Personal Amenity Kit, then the aircraft has takeoff from runway 17R to Los Angeles.

Takeoff:
The takeoff was over lot’s of sights. The passengers in the right saw the Golden Horn, The Bosphorus Bridge, Dolmabahçe Palace and I saw my home when we are in takeoff.

After takeoff:
After takeoff the crew has given hot towels for refreshing, the menus for the meal and the long journey has started to LAX. The interesting thing that my name was written on the menu and now there is a seperate wine list served with the menu. Then we was giving our meal orders to the flying chef onboard.

First Meal:
Firstly they served starters I get the shrimp salad and the chicken caesar. Then for passengers who want they gave an delicious potato leek soup. Next it’s time for the main course. I chosed the lamb chops for the meal and the flying chef served to me and it was nice. For a dessert I got some Turkish Desserts and a tiramisu. The meal was good and after I didn’t get any tea or coffee.

Lights-off Service:
Before lights gone off the crew served a bottle of 330 ml water for every passenger. The crew didn’t served drinks in cups airlines in Europe.

Personal Amenity Kit:
The personal amenity kit was ideal and nice. It was made by a company called Crabtree & Evelyn and it had everything starting with socks to toothpaste. In the lavatory they used L’Occitane products.

Entertainment System:
The entertainment system was uptaded and it had new movies and new Turkish music. There was also inflight phone and SMS-email services but no Wi-Fi and Live TV onboard this aircraft. Also they had lot’s of magazines like Skylife & Skylife Business and more.

Crew:
The crew was helpful and nice but they didn’t smile except the cabin purser. The crew helped me during the flight and we had no problem.

Second Meal:
The second meal was served 2h30 before arrival. First the tray included Turkish meze and imambayıldı a Turkish food with also cheese with the starters. There were two options for the meal chicken or mantı. I chosed mantı that is an Turkish style tortelini pasta and it was delicious. For a dessert there was a mousse rigo that was nice.

Landing:
Before landing the crew taked our headsets. Then we started to descend and after that we have arrived. We have parked to gate 105.

LAX Airport:
After walking to the inspection area we were at queue 9 and we was directed to booth 47. After going to the baggage Carousel 6 we went to the final check and entered USA.

AVERAGE:

ALL TRIP REPORTS:

Other reports:
First:
NO TRIP REPORT IN CATEGORY
Business:
8,42 [ 07 ] Lufthansa 457 LAX-FRA 9/2/13 - URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-3-a.html
7,64 [ 02 ] Turkish Airlines 10 LAX-IST 12/5/12 – URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-2-a.html
7,57 [ 01 ] Turkish Airlines 9 IST-LAX 5/5/12 - URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-1-a.html
Premium Economy:
NO TRIP REPORT IN CATEGORY
Economy:
8,69 [ 06 ] Lufthansa 456 FRA-LAX 4/2/14 - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-2-a.html
8,20 [ 04 ] Turkish Airlines 2333 ADB-IST 8/12/12 - URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ing-izmir.html
7,86 [ 05 ] Lufthansa 1305 IST-FRA 4/2/13 – URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-1-a.html
7,83 [ 03 ] Turkish Airlines 2312 IST-ADB 8/12/12 - URL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ing-izmir.html

There are problems with adding photos from URL and i will give the adress to you soon

Last edited by turkishflyer1; Apr 12, 2013 at 3:55 am Reason: giving info
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Nice report so far. I took TK a few years ago as part of a RTW trip, and their catering stood out as the best! I'm impressed that they served mantı as a second meal choice!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles
Originally Posted by flaii
Nice report so far. I took TK a few years ago as part of a RTW trip, and their catering stood out as the best! I'm impressed that they served mantı as a second meal choice!
@Turkishflyer; thank you for the very nice and detailed report,
@flaii; i did not see mantı onboard yet, maybe because i fly only to europe. i love mantı ,hope they will serv it often

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.