Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW-TRN BA February 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

LGW-TRN BA February 2012

My first little TR to Torino last February. If there are any complaints they can be posted here []

Luggage ready (I did not receive my 4 wheeler on time) so here is my extra OH’s suitcase with my newly acquired FT tag. Miss my old 4-wheeler, the new one arrived when I came back from my holiday. Somehow I think it is soo much easier to go through the airport with 4 wheels.

Wednesday morning waiting for the early train to LGW (as a morning person I don’t mind). However OH HATES Early mornings . I believe the advantage is to arrive early at the destination and start to experience the place

Finally Arrived at LGW, time to head towards departure at the North terminal.

Not a long queue and therefore no need to find Fast Track

Since I needed the Tier points to reach Bronze I upgraded in advance to CE and my OH was in ET (previous thread on this “dilemma”)

After passing through Security I went to the information desk to process my voluntary downgrade. What I do for love. The downgrade was no problem and I was still able to go to the lounge. It also made me think, would I have done the same if it was a LH (CW to WT)??? Tough one, but I would say yes

While I was at the lounge for a few minutes my partner went to one of the coffee shops (after advice on FT what is available at LGW).

The lounge itself, was fairly easy to find for the first time.

When I arrived I show them (aka Dragons, always amused by that expression) my ET BP. I guess some code on the BP enabled me access to the lounge . The food they offer is more or less the same to LHR T5. I am trying to be healthy I went for the fruit and some juice (I wish it was fresh, maybe in the FL you get that).

If I compare the lounge with the main Galleries in LHR T5 I must say it is smaller and I can imagine in the afternoon it must gets very busy.

Just arrived at the gate, My OH there, she got her coffee and I mentioned that she did not miss too much from the gallery, very similar to the ones she has been to.
Time to board our flight.

Looks like the ground staff is bringing my ET food (hand delivered not bad at all)

Nobody in CE, would have been a lonely time for me. Later one person that boarded sat in CE and his colleagues were in ET. I guess he had status that is why they upgraded him. During the flight he went back and forth to talk to his colleague. I guess they had to abide by the "rules".

Breakfast was ok, can’t complain, for sure enough for me. I also have a dangerous sweet tooth, cakes or sweet I am all over it. Should the CC offered me any of the CE food

Smooth landing in Torino

First some cappuccino ^

Torino City Centre

Italian Alps, nice weather, good snow, nice company, could not wish for anything else

This was my 3rd visit to the region and I always have a wonderful time with my friends. I will come back for sure. Ciao
Old May 21, 2012, 10:29 am

I love those chocolate twists for breakfats - i usually ask if they are any left over and have 2! Well done Ba for improving breakfast. GooD TR too!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Cheers sammy..uk need to try to ask for for more. Much better than the usual hard bread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.