Reload this Page >

HNL-IAH United First on Boeing 777 with BusinessFirst Lie-Flats

Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Pictures with full report can be found here:

http://behindthecockpit.wordpress.co...rst-lie-flats/

Please continue discussion in this thread.

Hope you enjoy it.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
Water..

Just to know that was restricted/non-existing, it would have driven me nuts.

Hope you have better flt with those points
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a fabulous TR!! I'm glad you have a great flight. I can see beautiful sunrise. It's gorgeous! The pasta wasn't cooking enough. They have to cook more.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

@Akazues thanks for the warm wishes on our future trips.

@N830MH it's a joy to hear you call my TR fabulous! Happy travels yourself. The pasta chef should def. go back to school
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kokinos
@Akazues thanks for the warm wishes on our future trips.

@N830MH it's a joy to hear you call my TR fabulous! Happy travels yourself. The pasta chef should def. go back to school
I agree. They have go back to school. They have to take the cooking class. This should have learn cook well.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

http://behindthecockpit.wordpress.co...rst-lie-flats/

Please continue discussion in this thread.

Hope you enjoy it.
Good report. Breakfast looks horrible though lol.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:44 pm

Hope that you found it interesting trip with a "traffic Jam" at IAH and beautiful sunrise.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks, did enjoy very much! Wonder if UA will keep the 777 on this route. Lie flat seats would be nice. Wow, the meal/service on this route sure isn't up to what it was PMCO BF service. Pictures from IAH-HNL-IAH tr's over the years -- it looked at almost international standards. Imagine regulars on this route are disappointed in the obvious downgrade in meals.

We are loyal to AA DFW-HNL-DFW 763. Just angled lie flat of course, but one does get a comforter and big pillow. And AA's meal service on this long haul domestic route appears to now out shine what UA is offering.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Aren't the ex-CO 777's incredible machines? When the pilot guns it on the takeoff roll, you feel massive power unlike you do on any other aircraft I've been on (commercial, that is).

Great TR! ^
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

@N830MH Yes they should know how to cook well since they are being paid for it. I also think the flight attendants occasionally dont follow the heating instructions properly and then you have 2 people who didnt do their job well!

@oneworld82 lol believe it or not Ive seen much worse.

@printing ray Surprisingly that was under a 20 minute wait. Too bad I didnt have a window seat on the other side of the plane because it would have been nice to see all those different planes during takeoff.

@davesam12 Glad you enjoyed it! United dispatched this 777 for most of March to accommodate higher spring break traffic to Hawaii. I think its back to the old BusinessFirst intl seat on 767 now. The only reason I chose this route is for the seat but the food was a real letdown compared with what PMCO served before.

I havent flown AA to the islands or back but with better food and a real pillow and comforter Id choose them over United if the seat is similar to try something new for sure.

@econometrics Fully agree. 777 is a wonderful bird and a joy to feel the power. Shes quite easy on the eyes too J Thanks for the TR compliment!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.