Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cookin’ Up An Adventure: Traveling From Cape Town to Chicago with Seat 2A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:58 pm
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
An absolute delight to read. Well done and I'm looking forward to your next trip report!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:33 pm

Thanks

Thanks for a wonderful trip report!

Reading about CX first class and all your train travels is always a pleasure!

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:11 pm

I don't think there are enough superlatives to adequately describe this report. I couldn't leave my seat until I had read every last word, and I enjoyed every single one of them. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:25 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Thanks! How'd you like the text? Just curious because with photo reports being so popular these days, I'm thinking that a majority of trip report "readers" might be more receptive to me doing photo reports from now on. For sure creating these reports would be a lot less time consuming if I didn't have to bother with actually writing about it in detail. Lemme know!
Please don't stop the written reports. They are incredible. I love them.

Hope to see you in Denali NP the first couple of days of June
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: EK-Skywards, Jumeirah Sirius, EY-Guest
Great report and a beautiful trip!

Looks like a great way to travel across the states using Amtrak, definitely going to try it one day.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
Fantastic trip report as always. Your reports are a must read for me...I feel as if I was sitting there with you once again. Thank you for your efforts...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Another stunning report!

Seat 2A, you said "I may very well be the only trip reporter who has ever tailored his travels toward the express purpose of better entertaining his readers. How’s that for dedication to craft?"

I say: Yes, you are indeed. Thank you for that ^
Old May 2, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Cookin’ Up An Adventure: Traveling From Cape Town to Chicago with Seat 2A

Text over photos any day.

I do most of my FT time on an iPad and have to check each pic individually.

If it is a photo report I just don't bother.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:14 am

Howdy Elton,

Awesome trip report as usual. One minor correction, as I mentioned on the phone the other day, there is quite a bit of Electrification out of Jo'Burg towards Capetown. I can't remember where we switched over to diesel on this summer's trip on the Shosholoza Meyl westbound. I do know that we had numerous power outages all night, stopping in the middle of nowhere and ended up in Capetown 6 1/2 hours late, missing all the best scenery as the sun went down several hours before arrival!
Old May 3, 2012, 2:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

What an absolutely FANTASTIC trip report ^^^

It was very exciting reading all the different parts and I really liked the Train part. That Premiere Classe seems a real experience on it's own!

Great shots too and you struck the right balance of photos and text. Honestly, an awesome TR. Thank you very much for sharing this. Having done 3 TR's I know how much time and effort goes into them and this is just like an amazing Epic. ^^^
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
We just returned from a trip in CX F......I really enjoyed your report.

One of the best TR's I have ever read!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
"For those of you riding along with me across the cabin in 2K, here’s a transcript of the menu. What’ll you have?"

Only just discovered this TR and so glad I have. As quoted above your writing style really makes the trip come alive ^^. Great TR
I will have to go and read all of your other ones now, very unproductive couple of days in the office methinks
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
How did I ever miss this report?! Beautiful pictures, inspiring prose (truly--I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your talent as a writer), and--as always--an impartation of a desire to follow in your footsteps.

To the man whose trip report was the direct cause of me discovering and joining FlyerTalk, a hearty Hip-Hip-Hooray to you, sir!
Seat 2A likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:28 am

My first venture into the Trip Reports section and what a great thread to click on! Well done, and I am sure you've enjoyed many other adventures in the ensuing years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.