Wiki Posts
Search

First time alone, first time as Silver Elite: AMS-GVA RT on KLM Cityhopper

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
First time alone, first time as Silver Elite: AMS-GVA RT on KLM Cityhopper

Hello fellow FT’ers and welcome to my second trip report! My first one can be found here for those who are interested.
This one doesn’t feature a spectacular RTW on SQ or TG First or something like many here on FT, but nonetheless I hope you’ll enjoy my review of my modest intra-European hop on KLM Cityhopper.

--- Please bear with my limited English as I’m still in school. I might express things a bit blunt or silly to other (native) English speakers but I’ll do my very best not to!---

Introduction/reason for trip:
I usually visit my great-aunt and great-uncle in Geneva every year with my grandmother, but since her last visit, she isn’t fit to fly anymore so couldn’t accompany me. I was planning to visit my family in Geneva in the Spring holiday, which is in early May here in The Netherlands, alone then. However, at the time I was still a minor so couldn’t travel alone (which is total nonsense since I’m well-travelled (on that particularly route) and really didn’t need/want the UM service). Besides that, the UM service also costs E50 one way, which would drive the E99 fare up to twice the ticket price! NO WAY! I decided it was better to wait for my 15th birthday in mid-May to avoid the crazy fee and to also spent my time alone at the airport, which I love, instead of in some crappy staff room.

The first opportunity was a long weekend involving a free Thursday and Friday due to the celebration of Ascension. However KLM expected a large demand on those days so prices were pretty high for a Thursday to Sunday visit. However, if I would depart on Wednesday evening and return on Saturday evening, fares were around E150. Unfortunately I had school until 16:00h on Wednesday and since I live some 120km south of AMS, taking the 17:05 flight wouldn’t be an option.

I still thought it would be the best option for me, so decided to dare to ask the assistant-director if I could have the day off from 12:00. No problem he said! So with that taking care of, I could book my flights. Having also got free Flying Blue Silver status, I was so eager to fly KLM!

As said before, I would be taking the 17:05 KL1933 to GVA, and the 17:05 KL1932 to AMS on June 1st and June 4th respectively. Booking was very easy via KLM.com. Due to my long waiting, the fare had gone up to E182 but it didn’t matter as it was my birthday present! Soon after we paid, an e-ticket popped up in my mailbox. Both flights would be operated by a KLM Cityhopper Embraer 190, a type which I hadn’t flown before.

So now I’ll speed up to the…

… Day of departure.
None of my parents were able, nor wiling , to bring me to AMS that day. So I would be taking the train. Normally the train is relatively expensive, but I managed to find an offer that gave unlimited use of the Dutch Railways (NS) for a whole day for a mere E11. That ticket was also booked online and again an e-ticket popped up in my mailbox.

I left school at 12:00 and was at home already at 12:10. I had already checked in and printed my BP’s the previous day (for intra-Europe flights, KLM offers OLCI at T-30h), so all I had to do was check any changes to my flight or train ride. I was pretty stressed as it was my first flight alone and also had to drag 2 large suitcases in the train because we had lots of stuff for my family in Geneva, and being a Silver Elite I was also able to bring an extra piece of luggage for free. I quickly checked if I had packed all stuff and was in possession of all the necessary documents before I loaded the suitcases in the car. My mother drove me to the Tilburg train station where my train would depart at 12:44. I arrived 10 minutes before departure so I could take my time dragging my bags to the platform. I said goodbye to my mother and made my way. I had to change train at ‘S-Hertogenbosch so sat down close to the door. After 15 minutes we arrived in ‘S-Hertogenbosch and I crossed the platform where my train to Schiphol would be depart from in 8 minutes. Soon the train arrived and I was happy to see it wasn’t very full. I boarded the train and with some clumsy movements managed to bring both suitcases to the upper deck. The Dutch trains aren’t very well suited for storing any large baggage so I simply put them in the space between my seat and the opposite. I then relaxed for the 1 hour ride to Schiphol train station. I arrived at 14:15 at the Schiphol train station, conveniently located under Schiphol Plaza, with plenty of time to spare.

Space to put your larger luggage, too small for my suitcases though

Advertisment for KLM's E99 offers for certain European cities

Next stop: Schiphol Airport

Schiphol station, beneath the Plaza

My plan was to immediately get rid of my bags so that I afterwards could take some pictures before going airside. I checked the FIDS and made my way to KLM’s Premium check-in area for FB/ST Elite(+) members and passengers travelling in business class. At the entrance of the roped off area there was a KLM lady who asked for my Silver card and BP. After I showed them, I was promptly admitted. Virtually every desk was empty, I only saw one other passenger on my side. I approached a check-in desk but the lady asked me to go to another desk. Fine. So I turned to the adjacent desk where a very friendly and cheery lady greeted me. I gave her my BP, passport and Silver card and she said it was in the system. She then commented: “You are very young to be a Silver member! We don’t see that very often! How did you manage?” I of course couldn’t say I got it free so said my parents usually book high fare classes . She then asked me to put both of the bags on the belt, and they were swiftly tagged with bright green priority tags. She gave me my baggage claim tags and said: “Well, have a very pleasant flight!” “Thank you very much!” I responded and walked away with a big smile on my face while thinking ‘Hey, those priority benefits are pretty darn nice!’.

Premium check-in entrance

Premium area check-in desks

Economy class check-in area

Economy check-in counters

I walked past some of the check-in desks to see what kind of airlines were operating at the time. I then got down one level to the Schiphol Plaza and went outside for some pics of the façade and control tower. Then I went to great spotting terrace were Schiphol just placed a Fokker 100 on display.

Façade

Control tower

Fokker 100 on display on the viewing deck, great initiative!

F100 cockpit

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Dec 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Spotting pictures:

KLM Asia 74M

Delta

Empty E-concourse which is full of DL flights in the morning US rush-hour

After the spotting I got to Plaza again, bought some stuff at the Etos and HEMA and again got up one level to go to the security check. On the so called Schengen-flights, the security check at AMS is done before going airside while the checks for non-Schengen flights are done at the individual gates. From a distance the lines looked full. But again thanks to my Silver status I had access to the priority line, which is a separate one. Before I entered the line, I had to show the security guy my BP. After he saw I was departing from the right terminal and was Elite, he allowed me through. There was only one man in front of my and no one behind so I could take my time removing all electronics, liquids and belt. No need to take you shoes off at AMS. A security officer asked if I had a laptop or any liquids and then sent me to the metal detector. No beep this time so I went collecting my stuff. The woman at the scanner was far more busy with chatting so I had to wait a minute before my things were scanned. Although I had shown my bag with liquids beforehand, they still wanted to see it again. I gave my bag to the guy and he showed it to the woman manning the scanner. She then commented how “Cute” that liquid bag is. Okay… weird. After I had all my stuff I proceeded to the shops, which are very nice and plentiful at Schiphol.

I settled down near a restaurant to watch the activity on the ramp and to get the important stuff by hand and store the unnecessary ones. I then realized I had forgotten the list with items I had to buy at the shops for my parents! Damn! I got all stressed but quickly phoned my dad and asked if he could type it over and send it in an e-mail. Schiphol offers one hour of free internet for passengers so that wasn’t a problem. However, my internet time had already expired on iPod #1 and I didn’t already want to start a session on iPod #2. So I got up to the KLM Crown Lounge of which I know the password (love FT! ), logged in and received the mail. With that been taken care of, I got down again and went to the Cosmetics shop.

BA and EI

KLM B737s

AF arriving

KLM Crown Lounge 25

Perfumes and cosmetics shop

After the necessary purchases I wanted to buy a frappuccino at Starbucks but the lines were so long I decided not to. I went to the delicacies shop and bought some Dutch herring for the family and after that, a copy of ‘Airports of the World’.

News and books

For the sake of taking pictures for this report, I really wanted a free seat next to me. My plan was to look at the seatmap closely before takeoff so my chances would be high. I went to one of the KLM Transfer Desk stations where I scanned my BP at a self-service kiosk, and got the seatmap of the plane. Row 25 was entirely empty so I selected the left window seat and printed my BP. I then made my way to the gate which was at the very end of the B-pier. There were already al lot of people in the line, but no sign of boarding yet.

Gate B36 today

Gate info screen

Our plane at the gate

Close up

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Aug 9, 2013 at 11:44 am
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

FLIGHT DETAILS:
Date: 1 June, 2011
Airline: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operated by KLM Cityhopper
Flight number: KL 1933, codeshare by Kenya Airways
Route: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS/EHAM) - Geneva Cointrin International Airport (GVA/LSGG)
Plane type: E190, registration PH-EZE. Delivered to KLC in June 2009
Scheduled time of departure: 17:05
Scheduled time of arrival: 18:35
Scheduled flying time: 1h30minutes
Class: Economy
Seat: 25A

Our aircraft, which has done a AMS-VIE RT and also another AMS-GVA RT that day, was already parked at the gate. It was an Embraer 190, almost 2 years old, with registration PH-EZE. KLM (Cityhopper) has ordered the Embraer 190s to replace their Fokker 70 aircraft which are used for short hops in Europe. I took some pictures of the plane and made some last minute phone calls/tweets. Boarding was announced for EBC (KLM’s European Business Class) PAX and FB/ST Elites and Elites+. But, as always, everyone stood up and got in line (including the priority line). Priority boarding is NEVER enforced based on my experience and that of others at AMS. However, I was in the front of the priority queue so was quickly wished a nice flight after my BP was scanned. I anticipated a bus gate but instead, we walked down the jetway to a stair leading to the platform. 5 steps later I was on the stairs leading to door 1L, the only door used for boarding. There weren’t a lot of people already onboard. I stowed my bags in the overhead bin and took my seat. Not long after a woman sat down next to me. Bummer for not having the entire row for myself, but you can’t have it all. Behind me was a Spanish family with 3 children who were a bit loud at first. Loadfactor in Y was pretty good, almost no empty seats. J however, was only 2 or 3 rows.

Priority line

Economy line

Boarding the aircraft

Onboard

Seated in 25A

The flight attendant soon made the welcome announcement on the PA, giving us some info on the flying time, making a special welcome to Elites and wishing us a nice flight. Soon, Captain De Ruijter also came on the PA giving us route info and said we would be taking off from the Polderbaan (36L). I immediately knew what it meant: a 15 minutes taxi. I really don’t understand why Schiphol assigns the Polderbaan so often to short European flights. It has a far more impact on flying time than on intercontinental flights. He also mentioned we had to wait exactly till our scheduled departure time, although boarding was completed, due to our slot, and that the flying time would be 1 hours and 50 minutes.. Our route would include a left turn after takeoff in the direction of Rotterdam, flying over Belgium to Luxemburg, Metz and then Geneva.

We pushed back at 17:05 and taxied for 15 minutes to runway 36L. The FA’s prepared in the meantime for the safety demonstration, which was recorded. I never saw this before on KLC. The EBC FA stood in the front of the plane, the Economy FA in the front of the Y cabin. After 4 minutes the demo was completed and the FA’s took their seats. During the taxi, First Officer Janssen came on the PA and said we would arrive 5 minutes after our scheduled departure time and would have a cruising altitude of 30000 feet. Takeoff was almost immediately at 17:22. The seatbelt sign was switched off 4 minutes later and the aft FA prepared for the drink and snack service.

Taxiing to 36L

Seat pitch was very good if only for this short flight. In the seat pocket were a safety card, air sickness bag and KLM’s inflight magazine The Holland Herald. I noticed it was thinner than normal. It seems that KLM has removed the Duty Free pages on KLC flights, which is odd as they advertise shopping onboard on flights exceeding 60 minutes, which my flights qualifies for. Not that I wanted to buy anything but is was remarkable. I browsed the magazine a bit until the FA got to my row an asked if would like a ‘Sweet of salty snack’. I counted on a sandwich as this flight arrives around dinner time but alas. Choices were between a Dutch cookie or some cheese bites. I choose the cookie and asked for a Cola and apple juice with it, which were both delivered with an individual cup. The Economy FA started service in the back and when her colleague from the EBC cabin had finished her job, she assisted her from row 16. I continued reading the Holland Herald and my aviation magazines and also listened to some music on my iPod.

Seat pitch

Seat pocket content

Snack and drinks

Cabin inflight

Not so long after, the FA started the rubbish collection and the flight deck came on the PA system and said we had passed Strasbourg, initiated the descent and were continuing south. We would then make a 180 degree turn and land in northwesterly direction. The weather in Geneva was 14 degrees with quite a bit of wind so he alerted us there could be some turbulence during our approach. He also said we would be landing at 18:30 and that we would be on the stand at our scheduled arrival time. Furthermore, he wished us a pleasant stay in Geneva. Then the pre-arrival announcement was made and the FA’s made a final round through the cabin to check the PAX. I stowed my stuff and got ready to record the landing.
The approach was indeed pretty bumpy, and there was almost nothing to see until close to landing. We touched down smoothly on runway 05 at 18:31. After exiting the runway we passed the GVA Fire Brigade training A/C, a Kuwait Airways A300 and an Etihad A332 with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix sticker. Middle Eastern carriers have a remarkable large presence at GVA but more on that later.

Fire brigade training A/C

Kuwait Airways A300

Etihad A332

We docked at gate 11 at 18:35 and I waited for all passengers to deplane the aircraft. I then asked the aft stewardess if I could take a picture of the cockpit. She said I should ask the captain so I went upfront and asked the FA there. She said she would ask the captain who immediately said it wasn’t a problem! The FA quickly took their dinner away and I took place in the captain’s seat. The FA then asked if I would like my picture taken in the cockpit. Of course I said yes and she took 2 photos of me. I continued talking with the First Officer about my plans to also become a pilot and some bit about the flight and aircraft. He commented I knew quite a bit about KLM/aviation . All to soon the FA came in and said they had to close down. I thanked the very nice FO and Captain for their time and proceeded to the baggage claim. When I arrived there weren’t any bags already on the belt but quickly some appeared. My priority tagged bags were one of the first on the belt. Of course GVA is a small airport but baggage delivery was really fast this time due to the tags. I proceeded through customs without any problem and my great-aunt was already waiting in a very crowded arrival hall. From the A/C to the arrival hall took only 20 minutes!

Cockpit, thanks to the crew

Baggage belt

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Jan 2, 2013 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:08 am
Original Poster

The return.
After only 2 and a half days in Geneva, which is really a wonderful city, it was time to go back to Holland. My family lives very close to the airport, so we could take our time. OLCI was completed the day before and I had chosen seat 20F. BP’s were printed and after I checked I had packed everything, we were ready to go! We left for the airport at 15:00 and arrived there at 15:10. My great-aunt parked and walked with me to the check-in desks. Check-in was a SkyTeam combined area for KLM, AirFrance, DL (which doesn’t even operate although is mentioned at every sign) and Alitalia. It is worth noting that Air France operates from the special ‘Sector France’, instead of the normal departure hall. The check-in area was roped off and there was an employee at the entrance who asked for my BP. It seems they basically ‘force’ everyone to firstly print your BP at one the self-service kiosk before checking luggage. My backpack was labeled with a yellow ‘cabin approved baggage' label and he also wanted to tag one of my bags I would like to check in. I told him I would check it in the hold but it took some time for him to understand. 2 desks were manned, one for Y and one for C/Elites. Both desks were however used for Y but that’s logical as there was only one person in front of me, so it only saved time. After the person in front of me cleared the desk, I went up and gave the lady my BP, ID card and Silver card. She asked if AMS was my final destination and I confirmed. I then put my suitcase on the scale and it was tagged with the priority tag. But after I put my second bag on the belt, she turned to her colleague to ask if Silver pax are even entitled to priority tags. After a short discussion the result was yes (obviously). I left the counter and bid farewell to my great-aunt. I wasn’t planning to go airside immediately as there isn’t much to do there. I decided to stroll the departure hall and take some pictures.

Departure hall directory showing all airlines operating at GVA

Self Service check in kiosks

KLM/SkyTeam check in desks

Counters

Sales office

Special room for premium passengers

SWISS

Now comes my story about the remarkable large presence of Middle-Eastern carriers. GVA is served by: EY to AUH, QR to DOH, SV to RUH and JED, KU to KWI, ME to BEY, IR to IKA, GF to BAH and since June 1st, EK to DXB. Pretty impressive for such a small airport! Even more destinations/ME airlines than AMS! The airlines also largely advertise in the city. EY advertisements are played on the TV-screens in public busses, QR has posters and a sales office in the city center and Emirates… Emirates really has A LOT of posters in Geneva! Everywhere, from car parks to bus stops, there are placards everywhere to bring their new service to attention. The whole departure hall is also full of billboards highlighting every aspect of EK’s service.

In the car park

First class Suites

Business Class

"Discover the Middle-East"

I then went for a frappuccino at Starbucks. By 15:45 I headed for security. I had no access to the priority lane here but it didn’t matter: lines were very short and they also quickly opened another scanner. The friendly security officer asked for my BP and boardingpass and I then put my things in the scanner. I didn’t set off the metal detector nor did something in my backpack alert the security officers so I was trough in a few minutes. Airside isn’t exiting a GVA, some overpriced watch shops and the usual souvenir outlets supplied with the delicious Swiss chocolate I already had one suitcase packed with . My gate was almost immediately after security. Increasing the dullness: there was almost no aircraft movement and spotting is very difficult. The windows are equipped with some blinds and you can only see through if you move. I walked along the entire terminal to search for some distraction but found nothing . So I headed to my gate, A9, sat down and logged on to the free WiFi provided by the airport and Swisscom. After inserting your mobile number, you receive a SMS containing a code for one hour of free internet. I listened to ATC, searched for some flight info and browsed FT. I also ate a sandwich anticipating only a small snack onboard. The plane arrived a tad late but there was no delay. Passengers were disembarking and the A/C was quickly serviced.

Post security

EZY has many flights to/from GVA

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Dec 28, 2013 at 1:12 pm
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:09 am
Original Poster

The aircraft at the gate was another Embraer-190 with registration PH-EZK. It had already completed a round trip to HEL that day. Boarding was announced and I got my stuff. There were 2 lines, one for Y and one for C/Elite. Of course , many people stood in the priority lane without them being entitled to it. The GA however, refused them to board via the priority lane and send them to the economy queue ^ . All of the sudden, there was no one still in front of me so I walked up and showed my BP and Silver card. She pointed to a sign that said: “Business, Skipper, Club2000 and Platinum”, without Gold/Silver. I commented Golds en Silvers are also entitled to priority boarding and she said “Yeah ok. You can board now”. Employees at GVA clearly do need another explanation of the Elites benefits.

PH-EZK at the gate

Gate A9

Priority lane queue

Boarding the aircraft

Nose shot from the jetway

Entrance

FLIGHT DETAILS:
Date: 4 June, 2011
Airline: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operated by KLM Cityhopper
Flight number: KL 1932, codeshare by Kenya Airways
Route: Geneva Cointrin International Airport (GVA/LSGG) - Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS/EHAM)
Plane type: E190, registration PH-EZK. Delivered to KLC in December 2009
Scheduled time of departure: 17:05
Scheduled time of arrival: 18:45
Scheduled flying time: 1h40minutes
Class: Economy
Seat: 20F

I took my window seat in the back of the A/C and hoped that the seat next me remained free. However a gentlemen quickly took seat next to me, said hello and continued reading on his e-reader. Soon after the FA made the standard welcome announcement and said the flying time to Amsterdam would be 1hours and 15 minutes. After the announcement, captain Vechter also came on the PA and said we were ready for departure but one pax hadn’t showed up and his luggage had to be removed. He also mentioned our cruising altitude would be 11km.

Back of the A/C

Watching the boarding process

Row next to me, later occupied

Parked next to Swiss A320

KLM winglet, Swiss and SAS *A tails

We finally pushed back at 17:13, only 7 minutes late. Immediately after the doors closed, the guy next to me moved to another seat. Looks like I still got a free seat after all! We taxied to runway 05 for a departure towards the lake and waited a Beechcraft to take off and for an AZ A320 to land. After the A/C had cleared the runway we took off at 17:23. The seatbelt sign was switched off 7 minutes after take-off and the FA’s prepared for the service. I enjoyed the scenery of Lac Chemin (Geneva Lake) and the Alps.

AZ touching down

The aft FA commenced the snack service starting in the back. As usual the forward FA served EBC first and then came to help her colleague. Without asking, I got both the sweet AND salty snack! WOW! On KLM? I think they only do this on flight to AMS so they are sure they have no shortage on the return flight. I asked a Cola light and orange juice to go with it which were served with 2 cups. Snack were 2 Dutch cookies again, and also a pack of tiny chees bites. After serving my row, the FA served row 18, completing forgetting row 19. The 2 guys had an utterly surprised look on their faces and one of them went up to her to ask if they might also get a snack. The FA was very apologetic and quickly gave them a drink and snack and ensured they didn’t want anything else. I continued reading my magazines and listened to some music.

Snack service: two drinks, two snacks

Cookie and OJ

TINY cheese bites

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Aug 9, 2013 at 11:45 am
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:09 am
Original Poster

When we flew over Zeeland the FA announced we would be landing shortly. I quickly went to the lav and the seatbelt sign was switched on at 18:20. We flew along the west coast toward The Hague and Leiden and initiated an approach to runway 06, also known as ‘De Kaagbaan’. Approach was a bit choppy but we touched down smoothly at 18:31. We docked at gate B20 at 18:34, 11 minutes before ETA. Once more, I waited for everyone to exit the aircraft and got to the flightdeck for a picture. The cockpit crew was again happy to let me in and very friendly. I made a few pictures of the screens and talked briefly to the FO. I thanked them for their time and disembarked the aircraft.

The aircraft was equipped with the new style overheadpanel

Sitting in the captain's seat

Center console

Docked

B20 is one of the furthest gates of Schiphol so I walked a good 10 minutes to the baggage belt. The screens were showing that the first baggage would be on the belt by 19:08 but around 19:55 the first appeared. My bags were once again among the very first and I passed customs without a problem. My parent were waiting for me and we drove home…

Welcome to the Netherlands!

Baggage belt

Screens showing a 15 minutes wait for bags

Priority tag

Verdict:
It was again a really enjoyable flight with KLM. Ground staff and crew were nice and friendly and I was very happy the cockpit crew allowed me in the cockpit. Silver benefits were really nice for the first time, especially the extra baggage allowance and priority security lane.
KLM really has to enforce priority boarding more though, certainly at AMS. I was also a bit disappointed KLM doesn’t offer a sandwich anymore on these flights.
All in all, it was of course kind off a special flight and I’m happy I had chosen KLM, I can really recommend them on these intra-European flights where their service is really good. And they are really not that expensive if you book well in advance.

Thank you for reading this trip report. I hope you’ve enjoyed it! Feel free to comment on everything I can work on!

Ralph

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Jun 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Nice report so far^ I myself, am a young elite (plat on CO), but haven't gotten the "how'd you get elite at a young age?" I enjoyed my first flights alone recently, on CO inter US, but it must be fun traveling alone inter Europe! Can't wait to see the rest of your TR! Keep up the good work!^
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Nice report so far. I was reminded of the first time I flew on my own - I was 12 and it was on good old CPAir, a 73S YVR-SFO back a (ahem) few years ago.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Leuke & goed geschreven TR Ralph!

Gajan
Old Jun 18, 2011, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

My appologies for the delay in posting the return, I've been very busy with school!
However, I've uploaded the return.
Enjoy reading and please comment so I can improve my future TR's!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Yeah.. I remember my first flights alone... Well, now it's just another day working, but back then, it was brilliant. I remember my first time as an Elite on a FF program with SQ, I was still in college and I got some nice smiles from the stewardesses and the check-in staff...
But things get better Ralph as you get older, in spite of what you'd regularly think...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
KLflyerRalph, how old are you then, just curious?
I've been Silver (2P) on UA since I was 19, am 21 now but have never had anyone commenting on it. Inter Europe I mostly fly Ryanair though

Last edited by thomas199023; Jun 19, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023
KLflyerRalph, how old are you then, just curious?
I've been Silver (1P) on UA since I was 19, am 21 now but have never had anyone commenting on it. Inter Europe I mostly fly Ryanair though
I think you mean 2P, and from what I understood, the OP Is still in high schl like me. Too bad about the Ryanair
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I think you mean 2P, and from what I understood, the OP Is still in high schl like me. Too bad about the Ryanair
Indeed 2p! On my way to 1P now, hope to achieve it this October! Have a lot of time on my hands now, just graduated University.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Indeed 2p! On my way to 1P now, hope to achieve it this October! Have a lot of time on my hands now, just graduated University.
Ah, nice Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.