Wiki Posts
Search

Willard InterContinental - Washington,DC - 34 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: As many as I can!
Willard InterContinental - Washington,DC - 34 Pictures

We decided to use our Sweet Dilemma nights to stay at the Willard InterContinental in Washington, DC.

The hotel is very elegant and, more importantly, is located 7 walking minutes from the National Mall and The White House which makes it a great base from which to explore Washington, DC.

We got upgraded to a room with a view of the Washington Monument even though this was a free stay!

In summary, we'd return to the Willard because of its elegance and location.

I've posted a detailed 34 picture Trip Report of The Willard InterContinental in my blog.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Concierge advice to White House gift shop

I consulted the Concierge in the lobby for directions to the WH gift shop and was directed to one about 3 block north of the hotel. I was looking to purchase the 2014 WH Christmas ornament and they have them for the amazing price of $40 after tax. I say amazing because they usually run twenty something dollars online. I decided not to purchase it and began walking towards the monument. Just by coincident, I ran right into the "official" WH museum. Amazingly, they sell the same ornament for $20 after tax. What was more amazing is the museum is directly across from the Willard IC. I feel the Concierge performed a disservice to the hotel's guest when directing them to locations which appear they have a financial incentive. Lesson learnt!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I stayed at the Willard in 2011 and had a Oval Suite. Over all it seems they have done some (urgrnt needed) renovations but "forgot" the bathrooms. I think the public areas are stunning and the Location is perfect for Sightseeing, but the rooms are mediocre. Considering the price I ecpect more.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:45 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
A wonderful old hotel, which I stayed at many times in my previous job. Always had great experiences there.

I once checked in right after Hamid Karzai had just checked out a few hours before!

Nice report.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I once checked in right after Hamid Karzai had just checked out a few hours before!
I try to avoid Hotels at the time such people staying. Always much security and you can`t really enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by offerendum
I try to avoid Hotels at the time such people staying. Always much security and you can`t really enjoy your stay.
True

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.