Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Final Farewell: The Last British Airways 757 Flight (w/pics+vid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Final Farewell: The Last British Airways 757 Flight (w/pics+vid)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Arrow A Final Farewell: The Last British Airways 757 Flight (w/pics+vid)

I wouldn't normally post just a link in the Trip Reports forum, but I feel that this trip report was better suited to being fully posted in the BA forum, but the flight is significant enough to warrant wider attention!

I have just finished writing my account of the very last British Airways 757 passenger flight from EDI to LHR. You can read about it (and view the pictures and videos) here; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-pics-vid.html

As is usual with my trip reports, comments and questions are welcomed.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Cool report!

I'm glad that BA did something to celebrate the retirement of this aircraft. It must have been especially interesting to get to hear the conversations with ATC during take off and landing.

It's a shame that you didn't get some champers on the flight, BA could have gone the extra mile there....
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
What a quick posting! Thanks for a great and nostalgic report.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice report Genius1. I just love those full throttle take offs on the 757. My first time was on UA many years ago and still recall the take off (and the burger in Y as the meal on that flight).
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:51 pm

I just gotta love how the captain made it extra special for the pax, such as the ATC broadcasts and the lower cruising altitude. Two thumbs up to him!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the responses, they're much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.