Wiki Posts
Search

ATL or Bust! (and a FRA Interlude) with LH and UA - BHX-FRA-ORD-ATL-IAD-LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by learningtime
Wonderful TR!! Thanks for the effort.

My mind keeps going back to the document issue which caused you to miss your flight. If not personal/sensitive, could you elaborate?

Thanks!
I must admit that intrigued me too, ive read enough of Kevincm's reports to know he goes to the U.S quite often and so i was surprised there was a problem.

I love the "Y" trip reports, it brings a sense of reality and makes you appreciate when you are able to travel in C or F.
Old May 5, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Another great TR, Kevincm

BTW, I had the exact same breakfast that you had in Y from IAD-LHR in F on a 3 class 763 from SFO to ORD last Sunday (I'm not kidding), so hopefully you enjoyed the "enhancement"!
Old May 5, 2010, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by learningtime
Wonderful TR!! Thanks for the effort.

My mind keeps going back to the document issue which caused you to miss your flight. If not personal/sensitive, could you elaborate?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
I must admit that intrigued me too, ive read enough of Kevincm's reports to know he goes to the U.S quite often and so i was surprised there was a problem.

I love the "Y" trip reports, it brings a sense of reality and makes you appreciate when you are able to travel in C or F.
Thanks learningtime and Gatwick Alan.

The document issue was.... my fault mainly (I have to be slightly careful if one viewer is watching - in which case - Hello beloved Father!) and it involved the following:
  • One Passport
  • One Presidents Club Trip
  • One Passport deciding it liked the Presidents Club more than me
  • Me Shuttling back and forth between T concourse and D Concourse
  • Me turning up to the gate and the plane 10 minutes gone
  • Me being a Dingleberry

Hence the term "Document issue" Thats the line I'm sticking to .

However, US immigration this time was unusually... annoying - even at a Midwest entry point (which is comparatively relaxed to the East Coast points). I guess with last Sunday's little incident, I have little want to return to the USA right now for another grilling with the CBP....

Originally Posted by ordogg
Another great TR, Kevincm

BTW, I had the exact same breakfast that you had in Y from IAD-LHR in F on a 3 class 763 from SFO to ORD last Sunday (I'm not kidding), so hopefully you enjoyed the "enhancement"!
Ooh. How "Premium" (especially for you) ordorgg . GateGourmet must had got a special on these. For a Y Class flight, it was an acceptable (if actually quite reasonable) breakfast. For an F Class breakfast... I hope the plating was of good quality!

Thanks ordogg!
Old May 5, 2010, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
kevin, I have always enjoyed reading your trip reports, especially if I have a hectic day at work. Your reports have always cheered me up.

I wish I could write more, but at the moment I can only let my photos doing the talking...just not enough time in the day.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Interesting TR - I'll try the sickbag approach on the dirty 744 LH w/ my ipod touch - ^^
Old May 6, 2010, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
kevin, I have always enjoyed reading your trip reports, especially if I have a hectic day at work. Your reports have always cheered me up.

I wish I could write more, but at the moment I can only let my photos doing the talking...just not enough time in the day.
I'm glad I provide a little entertainment UA_Flyer. I have to make my travel pain a shared experiencing at least these days .

That and if you can't laugh at travel and yourself....

I like your style of Photo trip reports UA_Flyer - it gives an insight into what you saw, and lets the reader make up their own words .

Admittedly, my minor epic are normally in production when I book the ticket, and normally only end when I'm trying to shake of the jetlag....

Originally Posted by RCAQ01
Interesting TR - I'll try the sickbag approach on the dirty 744 LH w/ my ipod touch - ^^
Thanks RCAQ01. If you head to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ton-ei-us.html there's a reasonable guide how to make it. In my tests, it works well with iPod touches (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...hr-phl-ua.html - least of all for the scary sight of two GIFE units on a plane .

And at least it's a LH 744. It could be worse. For example, it could be United 744
Old May 6, 2010, 11:08 am

You have us all wanting to make our own ghetto IFE. I'm sure someone will come up with enhancements for the system. Anyone know where to get a sick bag to fit an Ipad?
Old May 6, 2010, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Kevincm.....best Y trip reporter on Flyertalk.

Another gruelling schedule I see...they're getting worse.

Great fun report as usual. ^
Old May 7, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Nice Report
Thanks
Old May 7, 2010, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Me2E
You have us all wanting to make our own ghetto IFE. I'm sure someone will come up with enhancements for the system. Anyone know where to get a sick bag to fit an Ipad?
Hmm. What we need is a folio case. Not leather. Reasonable flipside, with an angle thing in it. A double joint might do it

(Yes I have thought about this way too much - I might join the iPad ranks when the hardware hits the second release)

Originally Posted by ninerfan
Nice Report
Thanks
Thanks ninerfan. Glad you liked!

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Kevincm.....best Y trip reporter on Flyertalk.

Another gruelling schedule I see...they're getting worse.

Great fun report as usual. ^
I thank you HIDDY It's amazing all these C and F trips, and people forget the back of the plane (either by choice or by other methods ).

Compared to some of last years runs this was actually relaxed - apart from the little incident at ATL on the way home....
Old May 9, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Talking

Love the ghetto IFE. U should patent it. Great report.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kevincm
I thank you HIDDY It's amazing all these C and F trips, and people forget the back of the plane (either by choice or by other methods ).
I always remember the back of the plane. I just forget what it looks like.

Entertaining report as usual Kevincm ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.