Reload this Page >

AA First Class on 3-class 762 SFO-JFK with pics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA First Class on 3-class 762 SFO-JFK with pics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by SFO777

Memo to AA: If you want more people to actually pay for three class First, spend a little more per pax and make a definite distinction between F and J. That UA serves the same crappy food in p.s. First as it does in p.s. Business is no excuse. If this is representative of AA three class First, why would one even consider paying actual retail for TPAC/TATL First when one can fly airlines (SQ, CX, LH and LX) that understand and offer true First Class service?
Based on anecdotal reports on FT, the majority of the people who *PAY* to sit in 3-class transcon F have corporate contracts with deeply discounted fares. The balance of the pax are made up by International F pax connecting to/from international flights, non-revs, award redemptions, and mileage/eVIP upgrades.

Just a guess (so please don't flame me), but I would think only a miniscule percentage of the 3-class F cabin paid full fare F.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trojanman
Based on anecdotal reports on FT, the majority of the people who *PAY* to sit in 3-class transcon F have corporate contracts with deeply discounted fares. The balance of the pax are made up by International F pax connecting to/from international flights, non-revs, award redemptions, and mileage/eVIP upgrades.

Just a guess (so please don't flame me), but I would think only a miniscule percentage of the 3-class F cabin paid full fare F.
No flames as I agree. My point was more people would pay full fare F if they provided a truly F product.
If SQ flew SFO-JFK, I pony up full fare F in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
"The seats are really wide"

Really? Cuz seat guru only lists them at 19" wide. I've seen Y seats with 18.5" wide seats.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
"The seats are really wide"
Really? Cuz seat guru only lists them at 19" wide. I've seen Y seats with 18.5" wide seats.
I don't recall anyone (other than you) describing these seats as "really wide". On the other hand, I doubt you've seen any lie flat Y seats with 6" arm rests and 62" pitch.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:58 am

Very informative. Thank You
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm on a bit of a SFO777 historic trip report reading spree this weekend, so apologies for the thread bump

From many reports I've read, the distinction between F and J on the 3-class transcontinental service doesn't seem particularly huge.

I don't think the inclusion of a beef pie on the menu in F is really appropriate, although if it was done well (and it seems it was in this instance), then it's not so much of an issue IMO.

I do think the variety of choice on the F menu appears fairly limited. A choice of 2 main courses is something that one would expect on a 3 hour J flight, not a 5 hour F flight.

The privacy of the F cabin when compared to the J cabin appears to be a big plus, although the seat don't appear to be very private for sleeping.

I gather when AA start replacing the 762s with A321s, they will still offer a 3-class service, albeit with flat beds in F and J. I wonder whether the distinction in catering will be more marked with this change?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Totally agree on the disappointing food offerings in AA three class transcon First. I hope that the service on the new A321s is indeed a step up. Unlike UA, AA do seems to be making a commitment to enhancing TC First. Remains to be seen how that will play out with the US/AA merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.