Reload this Page >

Emirates Airlines A380 in-flight shower

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Airlines A380 in-flight shower

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by GPS123
10 mins is definitely not enough if two people are allowed to be in there together.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: Many
Absolutely fantastic !

Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Very cool! Thanks!!!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:39 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Maybe LH on their A380s?
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, could be.
Definitely not. LH is even contemplating now to use the current sloped business class in the A380 and not go fully flat.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Any way to get the photos working again? I just found this thread and would love to see the pictures....
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
I thought about asking but I didn't. They did not offer any water time beyond 5 minutes.
5 minutes is actually fine time-wise, unless you've got long hair to wash (?). The shower is smallish and is really only designed for you to get in, wash, and get out.
Same idea as the ensuite shower on Deutsche Bahn. You turn on the water, get wet, turn off the water, soap up, turn on the water, rinse.

DB didn't heat the water very much so I doubt I used even 5 minutes' worth of water - and my hair was pretty long at the time. Just curious but how much do they heat the water on the plane? Can you get a good hot shower?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt
Same idea as the ensuite shower on Deutsche Bahn. You turn on the water, get wet, turn off the water, soap up, turn on the water, rinse.

DB didn't heat the water very much so I doubt I used even 5 minutes' worth of water - and my hair was pretty long at the time. Just curious but how much do they heat the water on the plane? Can you get a good hot shower?
The water gets hot. I had to turn the dial toward "cold" because it got too hot, prior to stepping in.
You can turn the water on and off if you want, but I left it on for the entire 5 minutes and didn't run out of time.
But I have short hair!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K , Delta Gold
looks luxury and great ! thanks for sharing !
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
That looks quite luxurious! I have been a bit disappointed by how some other airlines have fitted out their A380s, most notably Air France, where F class looks just like that found on its 777s. I want over-the-top luxury when I'm looking at airline eye-candy!

And five minutes is more than enough to soap up, shampoo and rinse. Shaving probably wouldn't be possible, but there's always the sink for that.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Great pics and TR. Now, I can start dreaming of a similar flight
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:29 pm

Nice to see the shower, and envy you for experiencing it
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:43 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I have just deleted several posts as they took an in appropriate turn. If there are any more disrespectful comments in this thread, know to expect warnings and possible suspension as per the rules of FlyerTalk.

Regards,
l'etoile
Trip Reports moderator
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:56 am

What route was offering the showering service? (I don't see a link to your original post...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.