Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Egyptair: Business class at rear of aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat

Just booked a flight on their website CAI-SHH. pulled up the seatmap to assign seats, and business class came up as rows 21-24. Is this correct? Is business really at the back?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
These are at the front. The seats start at row 21 - the 2 indicates business class and the 1 as first row thereof. The economy section will probably start at 31 or 41.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Mr H
These are at the front. The seats start at row 21 - the 2 indicates business class and the 1 as first row thereof. The economy section will probably start at 31 or 41.
Thankyou very much for the clarification. Seemed a bit strange. On a side note, does anybody know of any airlines with business at the rear? (I'm sure this has been covered before, but a search failed to find anything. Apologies if I'm wrong.)
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ear-plane.html
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:16 am

Openskies, an all business class airline has 2 types of seats. The 180deg bed and 140deg not quite a bed seats are the rear.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ope...ng_757-200.php

I go to seatguru allot and beside business only configs the coach pax are almost always behind the business and first class pax. They pay more money so the airlines make things moe enjoyable for them. Less walking, less noise, being the first to deplane and what not.

A few years ago you would see coach seats at the very front of a 747, but the more exclusive classes were upstairs. I have even seen configs where business and 1st are seated on the lower front deck of a 747 while the upper and lower rear decks are filled with econo seats.
like this...
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_747-400.php

One advantage to having the better classes at the rear is that the econo pax will have less contempt for them since they wont have to walk though the nicer cabin. :-P

Last edited by shiv666; Sep 7, 2009 at 2:27 am Reason: bad grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.