Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad hotel guest list?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Bad hotel guest list?

I was wondering if you were a "problem guest" at a hotel, whether the hotel would put that in a file or linked to your account to warn others? This isn't specific to any specific program, but wasn't quite sure where to post this question.

Just curious. I don't think I'm a problem guest...
Old May 14, 2010, 11:02 am
Suspended

Unlikely

Most hotels are not organised for anything like that
Old May 14, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I think you'd have to be more than just a complainer to get on the bad list. IE fire/large theft/real damage.
I know some companies and/or properties track compensations for things that went bad with a client. This limits repeat offenders who know they'll get something for complaining.
Old May 14, 2010, 3:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I believe the Hilton OnQ system does.

From their brochure:

OnQ stores the service histories of your best guests, including any problems they may have previously encountered. This “service recovery” information enables you to address concerns and be better prepared for such guests before they arrive.

So while the brochure says "best guests" and makes it all nice nice to treat them well, there's nothing keeping them from entering or tracking other stuff in your profile. This thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...no-nights.html says one hotel actually enters things like a guest who likes Cheez-Its so they have some when they check in.
Old May 14, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Of course this info is tracked.... Some hotels do it through their PMS guest profiles and some just have a mental list. To be banned from a property, it is usually damage or financially related. The lists are usually small, but they are watched. Some hotels tend to have many more than others... This is probably geographic.

Just my experience from the property side of the equation.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; May 16, 2010 at 5:27 pm
Old May 15, 2010, 5:40 am
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
I recall from my time at a Starwood property (Sheraton) that there are a tremendous number of customer fields in the system to play with. With the proper level of authority I am certain that a "Do Not Board" or something like that could be set up. But again, it would have to be something truly major for them to do that.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
I knew for sure that some airlines do keep track on the black list passengers, such as those who often stealing the safety card, folks & knives, on board magazines, 1st class menu, life jacket, pajamas, etc..& they monitor it closely until the guy on board again, either the flight purser will catch him/her, or sometimes they will inform the coming destination customs in order to open up their hand carries & fine them...
Old May 15, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by armattheus
I think you'd have to be more than just a complainer to get on the bad list. IE fire/large theft/real damage.
While there is no report case of a complainer to get on the bad list of a hotel, some years ago, there was a man complain basically about every single UA flights he was on board. He took advantage of UA's known generous compensation, in the end, UA actually threatened to close his MP account if he complain again.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by SQ Flyer Talker
I knew for sure that some airlines do keep track on the black list passengers, such as those who often stealing the safety card, folks & knives, on board magazines, 1st class menu, life jacket, pajamas, etc..& they monitor it closely until the guy on board again, either the flight purser will catch him/her, or sometimes they will inform the coming destination customs in order to open up their hand carries & fine them...
I would think they track life jacket, pillows, and blankets, but I don't think they care about on board magazines, folks & knives, 1st class menu, and pajamas.

-Onboard magazines actually printed on the cover saying "this is your own copy, feel free to take it with you.
-Forks & knives they don't really care as how many times you just drop it between seats, can't get it out. Besides, some of those when they return to the kitchen, they actually throw it away if there are any defects or permanent stains hard to clean.
-1st class menus, rarely anyone take it back unless it is in a leather folder, but even a word with the purser I am able to take it home.
-Pajamas, other than NH, which other carrier they would come and collect back from you at the end of flight ?

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 17, 2010 at 11:48 am
Old May 15, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I would think they track life jacket, pillows, and blankets, but I don't think they care about on board magazines, folks & knives, 1st class menu, and pajamas.

-Onboard magazines actually printed on the cover saying "this is your own copy, feel free to take it with you.
-Folks & knives they don't really care as how many times you just drop it between seats, can't get it out. Besides, some of those when they return to the kitchen, they actually throw it away if there are any defects or permanent stains hard to clean.
-1st class menus, rarely anyone take it back unless it is in a leather folder, but even a word with the purser I am able to take it home.
-Pajamas, other than NH, which other carrier they would come and collect back from you at the end of flight ?
SQ 1st & Business Class do count its reading magazines before & after the flight, Silver Kris they can let you to take it, but not Times, Business Week, etc...so in case if there are some missing, the stewardess will walk along the cabin, inspect your front pocket, asking who took it.

Folks & knives may be nobody care in Economy, but they do care in the 1st class, again, SQ stewardess may ask if they notice many silver ware is missing.

1st class menu, SQ & CX are the most strict by far, they collect & count the exact of quantity, & you are right, you have to ask, but many of them didn't ask & just took it for grant.

Pajamas, besides NH, JL will also asked to collect it back, in my case, I flown JL both 1st & Business Class, again, I have to begging them to keep the pajamas for my personal collection, they even have to escalate to the senior purser & ask for her permission, discussing for more than 5 mins in Japanese which I don't understand at all, then they let me have it, then I was the last passenger to disembark...
Old May 15, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Of course this ingo is tracked....
What is ingo?
Old May 15, 2010, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Snozzy
What is ingo?
I'd guess it's a typo for "info."
Old May 15, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'd guess it's a typo for "info."
Oh my goodness. I should have figured that out myself. Thx!!!!!
Old May 15, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
on a side thought I'm pretty sure I'm banned from the Sax hotel in Chicago...nice place...so nice i left with lots of their property in my bags .

no bill though
Old May 16, 2010, 1:17 am

Classy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.