Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

links to other FT FORA with senior travel related discussions

links to other FT FORA with senior travel related discussions

Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
UA Mileage Plus Silver Wings program

Lufthansa/Austrian/Swiss/LOT: miles&more: life long Senator (must be over 60 years old)

Hilton Senior (program abandoned)

should senior citizens be allowed to sit in emergency exit row seats?

Special Fares For Seniors, Handicapped

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 26, 2008 at 9:57 am Reason: Merged posts to keep links in opening post for convenience and ease of finding
Old Sep 26, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
I'm wondering if there had been a senior travel forum the Hilton Senior program might have been saved.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 8:53 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by sheepherder
I'm wondering if there had been a senior travel forum the Hilton Senior program might have been saved.
thank you for participating.

saved? - may be if we would have many many more Senior contributors here and if they would activly agree and act to do something about it

I believe that the way UA Mileage Plus did handle the termination (or getting to sleep for life long members) the Mileage Plus Silver Wings program was much worse, as life long members did pay a one-time entrance fee, trusting that the program would exist as long as they (and not the Hilton Senior program) go on on living!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
I believe that the way UA Mileage Plus did handle the termination (or getting to sleep for life long members) the Mileage Plus Silver Wings program was much worse, as life long members did pay a one-time entrance fee, trusting that the program would exist as long as they (and not the Hilton Senior program) go on on living!
Agreed! ^ ^ Mrs. Fredd and I are both "lifetime" SilverWings members, and FT is uniquely useful to share such concerns and sometimes even to engage in collective action, e.g. the partially successful battle (for elites) on the UA forum to maintain the deposit of unused 500-milers into mileage accounts, the current campaign to have the 500-minimum-flight EQMs reinstated.

There's been little interest on the UA forum regarding SW but there just might be more here if the forum itself becomes better known.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:52 am

United Silver Wings

Yes,, we need more members. There is currently a United thread on the closing of the Silver Wings program. I have never read anything on the United forum about the FT seniors forum. I will try to put a post in the current thread alerting UA seniors to the FT senior forum.

Bruce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.