Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OpenFlights.org mapping tool now open

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
For some reason, in the bottom panel, even though I've got it set to default to Top 10, it always shows the help panel when I log in. Also, I can't find the e-mail for support on the website.
Yeah, that configuration doesn't actually work at the moment. It's been in the bug tracker for a while and I've bumped up the priority.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...0&atid=1097177

In general, support requests are best filed on SourceForge, as email has an unfortunate tendency to fall through the cracks.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:02 am

Is it possible to display only the routes that you have flown out of a specific airport? If it is, all I've been able do is show all the routes from an airport. Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skidv25
Is it possible to display only the routes that you have flown out of a specific airport?
Well, that's pretty much the default in the sense that the map by default only shows your flights... but no, it's not possible to show only your flights from a single airport, without showing other airports as well.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
I am editing "It would be nice if you could restrict the display of your flights to a specified time period. One could then make a year-end summary of the year's flights." because... duh... I see it's already there...
Old Jan 15, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Exclamation Facebook application has gone bezerk

Yesterday I entered some flights as usual. However, ever since the Facebook app has posted the same update EVERY hour, on the hour. I haven't seen this happening before but right now it looks pretty bad..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Sigh, looks like Facebook has once again broken everything without notice. I've already abandoned the main app because maintaining it was such a royal pain, I've disabled the updates for now and will probably bury them as well if there's no obvious fix (which, based on the incomprehensible errors in the logs, there isn't).

http://openflights.org/blog/2010/11/...l-to-facebook/

And oh -- for critical bugs like this, please mail me or log it on SourceForge, I don't check FT every day!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Just to update, the Facebook status updater app was fixed last week and is up and running again. (Until the next time Facebook decides to break things randomly, that is...)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Does anyone know if there's some way to produce something like the posters on Flightmemory with OpenFlights instead? I'm talking about the really nice looking ones you have to pay for that have your flight paths on the Blue Marble photo: Flight Memory Posters.
I'm guessing that this might be possible with the KML export and the right software, but I've been stuffing around for a while looking for something to do it and have had no success.
Google Earth is incapable of producing anything but a 3D globe (as far as I can tell), so that's out. I don't even want this to be especially high-res or huge, just an A4 page would do fine.
Any suggestions? Anyone tried to do this before?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sea-Wolf
Does anyone know if there's some way to produce something like the posters on Flightmemory with OpenFlights instead? I'm talking about the really nice looking ones you have to pay for that have your flight paths on the Blue Marble photo: Flight Memory Posters.
I'm guessing that this might be possible with the KML export and the right software, but I've been stuffing around for a while looking for something to do it and have had no success.
Google Earth is incapable of producing anything but a 3D globe (as far as I can tell), so that's out. I don't even want this to be especially high-res or huge, just an A4 page would do fine.
Computationally, it's not a particularly difficult task, data/map-routes.php in the OpenFlights source repo plots any sequence of coordinates on top of a world map image in equirectangular projection (eg. Blue Marble). The main problem is finding a sufficiently high-res image to plot onto, eg. Wikipedia only has a 2048x1200 image, which is barely enough for A4. This site has a 43200x21600 map (!), but it would take a bit of wrangling to chop that down to size.

Last edited by jpatokal; Feb 28, 2011 at 3:06 am
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Just to update, the Facebook status updater app was fixed last week and is up and running again. (Until the next time Facebook decides to break things randomly, that is...)
Has anyone else noticed that flights/updates are not being pushed to facebook lately? Looks like it hasnt worked since mid-May for me...
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:32 pm

Question How to add a stopover?

Hello everybody,

I found openflights.org today while searching for an online flightstatistic alternative to flightmemory.
I began to insert all my flights and have some questions :

Is ist possible to add a stopover into a flight? The flight I want to add startetd in Luxemburg, made a stopover in Kevlavik and went on to New York / JFK. Because it was one flight with one flight no. I dont want do ad it as two separate flights? Is there a posibility to add the stopover in island?

In 1996 I flew to Hong Kong and ther was still the old airport Kai Tak in use; when I want to ad this flight, I always get HKG Intl. Airport instead of Kai Tak. How can I change this?

Is ist possible zo add an airline which doesn´t exist anymore? (Hapag-Lloyd-Express)

Thanks al lot for any answers!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:52 pm

How often are airport routes being updated?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:08 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roter_Trompeter
Is ist possible to add a stopover into a flight? The flight I want to add startetd in Luxemburg, made a stopover in Kevlavik and went on to New York / JFK. Because it was one flight with one flight no. I dont want do ad it as two separate flights? Is there a posibility to add the stopover in island?
Short answer, no, this is not possible at the moment. There is a long-pending feature request for implementing it though.

In 1996 I flew to Hong Kong and ther was still the old airport Kai Tak in use; when I want to ad this flight, I always get HKG Intl. Airport instead of Kai Tak. How can I change this?
To find defunct airports, click on the airplane icon next to the source/destination airport, turn off "major airports only", and search by name. Note that old airports will show up in the map as "Priv." because their IATA codes now belong to new airports.

Is ist possible zo add an airline which doesn´t exist anymore? (Hapag-Lloyd-Express)
Same as above: click on the airplane icon next to Airline, turn off IATA only, and search by name.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by franxit
How often are airport routes being updated?
Whenever Airport Route Mapper releases an update, which generally happens every few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.