Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Restroom Rules - what are the rules for use of F bathrooms?

Restroom Rules - what are the rules for use of F bathrooms?

Old Oct 14, 2008, 8:39 pm
CEB

Programs: UA 1k MM, HH D, Starwood PT, Alaska MVP
The Downsides!

The basics seem to be:
1. Traffic
2. Noise
3. Loo cleanliness (For me this is the biggy as US based airline crews rarely if ever clean the loo in flight no matter how messy it gets!)
4. A bumpy ride when the air is smooth

Whether you pay for F with $ or with your butt (frequent flying) you generally expect a better level of service, otherwise why pay? So Y should stick to Y and F to F for using the loos. Exceptions, of course, come up and should be dealt with in practical and reasonable manner.

My opinion? An occasional Y pax in the F loo is not an issue if there is a GOOD reason for it, i.e. blocked aisle. But a line in the back or sitting closer to the F loo is not justification and the FAs should be expected to enforce it.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 8:55 pm

I've been on flights on US Airways and Northwest where the FA makes a reminder announcement after someone leaves the F loo to head back to Y.

Delta has no policy for domestic flights that i am aware of since I have never seen any enforcement or heard any announcements about the matter.

When the cart is in the aisle I've heard FAs on US and NW tell pax to use the F lav so they don't have to move the cart.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.