Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you tip the the airline's lost luggage delivery service?

Do you tip the the airline's lost luggage delivery service?

Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, TrueBlue
I had a golf bag delayed out of MCO due to TSA incompetence. (I was instructed to leave the bag in the oversize bag screening area, and the blue-shirt told me to "just leave it" and objected to my sliding it to be with all the other bags. He seemed completely unmotivated, and when my bag didn't arrive in BOS, WN determined that it never left MCO due to TSA.)

I was given a 1pm-5pm window from the BOS airport baggage delivery service (really, just some guy with a minivan and a cell phone, as it turned out). He was later than that, and I had a first date that night. I got him to get to me as early as possible, and I did end up giving him a few bucks despite missing the window entirely.

So, I guess it's really up to you as to whether you want to tip. I guess I'm a bit of a tip fairy when it comes to things like this, so I gave him a few dollars anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.