Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I find it strange US which is paranoid about illegal immigrant, yet they don't even check and stamp your passport upon exiting the country. So far, US is the only one in my experience who did this. My travel experience is limited to Asian countries though. I'm just wondering are US is the only country who do this.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 9Benua
I find it strange US which is paranoid about illegal immigrant, yet they don't even check and stamp your passport upon exiting the country. So far, US is the only one in my experience who did this. My travel experience is limited to Asian countries though. I'm just wondering are US is the only country who do this.
For starters, the UK and Canada don't usually do exit stamps either.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I didn't get one out of FCO last week either
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: skywards, BMI, Qantas, Hilton honours
the uk dont do exi and entry stamps on uk passports as I have never had mine stamped yet, everywhere elses i have been I have been stamped...

i think it is usually only the country of where your passport originates from that doesnt stamp the passport, every other country does
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I didn't get one out of FCO last week either
Were you heading to another Schengen zone country from FCO on a non-EU passport? If you were just going to another Schengen zone country from FCO, they don't stamp. However, if heading out of the EU Schengen zone from FCO, they usually do stamp the passport if using a non-EU passport.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1trainer1
the uk dont do exi and entry stamps on uk passports as I have never had mine stamped yet, everywhere elses i have been I have been stamped...
The UK authorities don't generally do it to US passports either. In the case of the UK and Canada, like with the US, my US passports don't usually get stamped; and generally for these countries there's no government-run passport control checkpoint when I depart for elsewhere in the world so getting a stamp in the passport on exit is not routine.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1trainer1
The UK authorities don't generally do it to US passports either. In the case of the UK and Canada, like with the US, my US passports don't usually get stamped; and generally for these countries there's no government-run passport control checkpoint when I depart for elsewhere in the world so getting a stamp in the passport on exit is not routine.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
No stamp from New Zealand the last time I left.

Cheers,
bawm
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Living in Europe with an American passport, I haven't been stamped exiting from any EU country while headed outside of the Schengen zone. The last time I was given a EU-based stamp was when travelling on the train from Paris to London. There I was given a stamp.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 5:08 pm
Suspended

My Canadian passport has no exit stamps from Caribbean countries, UK nor France. Strangely Netherlands did stamp it.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
No exit stamps from Costa Rica.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: CO Gold
in the case of CR there is no exit stamp but you fill a form (back of the departure tax form) that gets entered into the computer records......EVENTUALLY when we get to it

adding, no exit stamp from Mexico, Guatemala, Antigua, Anguilla, Saint Marteen, Switzerland

I do have departure stamps from Panama, Hong Kong and Macau
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by dg4255
The last time I was given a EU-based stamp was when travelling on the train from Paris to London. There I was given a stamp.
but this was an entry stamp into France, right? I did the same trip last year and thats how it worked. the ones stamping the stuff are French officials.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've gotten through Singapore without either an entry or exit stamp (or even the passport being opened!) but that's not the norm.

On the way in we got delayed on the airplane (lost item? It's been long enough I've forgotten) and by the time we got to passport control they were talking to each other. They saw US passports and just waved us on through.

On the way out the idiot taxi took us to the cable car station instead of the train station. When we hit passport control at the train station (just in front of the train itself) the train started rolling. We (and several others) were waved on through--we got on that train 70 seconds after it started moving.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
No exit stamp in Australian passports when leaving Australia. You can request one although this is usually something infrequent travelers do as a tourist thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.