Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I didn't get exit stamps out of the US, Canada, Switzerland, Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.

Have to agree I haven't been to a whole lot places that gave me an exit stamp, I can just recall Turkey...

Need to do more traveling outside of Europe I believe!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 4:53 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
I didn't get an entry stamp to Malaysia - arrived on the train from Singapore and apparently this is normal. I did get an exit stamp, though.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:01 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I didn't get exit stamps out of the US, Canada, Switzerland, Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.

Have to agree I haven't been to a whole lot places that gave me an exit stamp, I can just recall Turkey...

Need to do more traveling outside of Europe I believe!
I got an exit stamp from Argentina. India also does both.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Argentina?? Are you sure about that? Argentina does a really good job of being stamp happy on a passport. I've gone to Argentina several times and my passport is the bearer of an entrance and exit stamp for every time. There are some other stamp-happy offenders out there too.. like Botswana, Egypt, Jordan, South Africa, and Tunisia.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Most places I visit will do it if asked (including the USA). I even got one in Skagway from a CIS guy when we came back from a drive to White Horse Canada. It was a picture of the White Pass and Yukon Railroad steam engine.

Cheers
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by etch5895
I got an exit stamp from Argentina. India also does both.
Originally Posted by dg4255
Argentina?? Are you sure about that? Argentina does a really good job of being stamp happy on a passport. I've gone to Argentina several times and my passport is the bearer of an entrance and exit stamp for every time. There are some other stamp-happy offenders out there too.. like Botswana, Egypt, Jordan, South Africa, and Tunisia.
I have to admit that my entry to Argentina was in 2001 and it was only for a couple of hours but I have a beautiful entry stamp in there. I didn't fly in there, I took a bus over the boarder and later on, I went back on the bus as well.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my experience more countries do NOT do exit stamps then those that do. In any case a stamp, or a pp checkpoint are not the only way of ascetaining whether someone has departed the country.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by dg4255
Argentina?? Are you sure about that? Argentina does a really good job of being stamp happy on a passport.
The happiest stamp happy country I have been to is the Lao PDR. The visa is a work of art, contructed from about eight separate red and blue stamps, neatly arranged and a huge flourish of a signature. The entry stamp is then three separate stamps, and the exit stamp requires two stamps - plus a Used stamp on the visa.

What do South Africa and Botswana do? And, whatever it is, does South Africa do it on every entry and exit? I am travelling around Southern Africa in Apetember and October on a UK passport and I may have to count pages...
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Originally Posted by Mr H
What do South Africa and Botswana do? And, whatever it is, does South Africa do it on every entry and exit? I am travelling around Southern Africa in Apetember and October on a UK passport and I may have to count pages...
South Africa has one small (postage stamp) entry and exit stamp that is stamped every time (at least in my South African passport - maybe more for non-sa passports). They do however seem to conserve space - I got 4 South African and 2 Zimbabwean on about half of one page so nothing like the US where every time I enter they seem to look for a new page to put the stamp in the middle of on entry)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:26 am

Thanks - I should be OK with pages then.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:31 am
Suspended

No exit stamps from CDG out of France to US (I don't even recall officials being present when I left CDG). Oddly enough when I went to austria (from Germany, by car) they insisted on stamping my passport, both in and out. The German family I was with had to stop and rent safty vests (in Germany you need one vest per car, in Austria you need 1 for each person over 18?), and do some paperwork. Didn't stamp the German residents passports, of course I stuck out like a sore thumb with them but I didn't think they did this when you went EU country to EU country.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank god that many don;t stamp in/out, if they did my passport would be twice the size, its currently 220 pages!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:34 pm

Actually, US is about to start stamping passports on exit:
US-VISIT Moves Out of Biometric Exit Pilot Phase
(http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1178549052332.shtm)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by jamlin423
Leaving fingerprints is not the same as stamping passports. Where (on the linked page) does it say that passports will be stamped on exit??
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I jjust read your year old article, while it deos say that they are speaking with carriers in no way does it say that "they are about to start" anything. For that matter nowhere in the entire press release did it state anything about "stamping" passports, let alone anything regarding US citizens. IF you are not/were not familiar with the pilot program which they cite, foreign citizens were required to input their flight number and do the fingerprint thing, they got a receipt in return. it was a joke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.