Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline w/ the best employee travel benefits?

Airline w/ the best employee travel benefits?

Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
A friend of mine that has Delta travel benefits tells me that now days it is quite hard to take advantage of them becasue the number of flights is less. She told me a couple of horror stories about people she gave buddy passes to that were stranded. Years ago one of my sons worked for Delta and we loved using the passes--but we knew they were taking a chance on being bumped, stranded or whatever.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gungadin
A friend of mine that has Delta travel benefits tells me that now days it is quite hard to take advantage of them becasue the number of flights is less.
This mirrors comments from my friends who work for the airlines. They generally all say that with load factors what they are these days they can often wait days before a seat opens up.

They do tend to do better if they're very flexible on where they go, i.e. if they're willing to go to HNL or MCO or SAN or wherever things work better. Makes accomodations tricky though
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I know you didn't ask about CO, but theirs is seniority based, and it DOES matter. The CO hierarchy is employees, travel companions, buddy passes. Within each of those, you're ordered by hire date (companions per the employee's hire date). However, people holding "vacation passes" go before "personal passes." (Vacation passes are provided to the employee on a limited basis.)

There have been times when I've had to change to a vacation pass a couple of hours beforehand in order to get on. And other times when I was the last person boarded, and others were left behind. I'm glad my dear friend has been working there so long!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:23 pm

Do you know how Delta transitioned the flight privileges for SONG airline employees for their companion, spouse and parents? Where those employees grandfathered in or did they have to complete updated paperwork?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The most recent and relevant comments are six years old. Therefore, I am locking this thread.
If one wishes to start a more contemporaneous thread on this topic, it would be welcome.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.