Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which airlines is went out of business in 2000s?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airlines is went out of business in 2000s?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by skylady
Can you count Reno in 1999?
Yes, Reno Air was merge with AA in 1990s. I assuming that I don't considerable to remember what happened Reno Air was merge with AA.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:41 pm

Canadian Airlines, bought out of sure bankruptcy by Air Canada, much to the chagrin of minority owner and oneworld partner American Airlines
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:45 pm
B1

Lightbulb Bet on the next

How about starting a next death bet: Predict which airline is the next to go out of business. One guess per post. You can also give odds and take it to Vegas.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:53 pm

Chaulks

Can't forget one of my favorites: Chaulks Airline to the Bahamas in their famous seaplanes....
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wb8iny
Can't forget one of my favorites: Chaulks Airline to the Bahamas in their famous seaplanes....
Yes, It was flies from FLL/PBI-Paradise Island, Bahamas. I remember which specific routes was took on. It was intra-Florida flight from FLL on seaplanes. I was too assume what happened Chaulks was crashes off Florida coast few years ago.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MKEbound
........Hooters Air disappeared (more or less, I think it's parent company Pace air still flies).......
they went bust didn't they? ok, i'll go to the penalty box now........
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by goalie
they went bust didn't they? ok, i'll go to the penalty box now........
You get a point for subtlety ^
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:50 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
AeroCalifornia.

Cheapest flights to/in Mexico until they really, truly, fianlly totally ran out of money and duct tape.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, It was flies from FLL/PBI-Paradise Island, Bahamas. I remember which specific routes was took on. It was intra-Florida flight from FLL on seaplanes. I was too assume what happened Chaulks was crashes off Florida coast few years ago.
Chalk's has ceased operation of its obsolete seaplanes, but I believe that they still fly a number of daily flights in the northern Bahamas.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidcalgary29
Chalk's has ceased operation of its obsolete seaplanes, but I believe that they still fly a number of daily flights in the northern Bahamas.
Ah! Thanks for the efforts about Chalks is went out of business. I assume why Chalks didn't enough fundable?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by davidcalgary29
I can't find any references to them anywhere, other than history... I think they moved "headquarters" to FLL, and had plans to fly to Bimini and perhaps Key West by late last year, but I see no references that they were able to pull it off. No web site listing, although their code OP still exists.

They still may fly again, but it will be tough. Sad, since they use to bill themselves as the oldest continuously flying airline....
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:04 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by B1
How about starting a next death bet: Predict which airline is the next to go out of business. One guess per post. You can also give odds and take it to Vegas.

I suspect the Imperial Palace would take that prop bet.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM
"Iraq Air" is indeed flying these days, on a somewhat regular schedule.

Not sure the exact details, but they seem to be operating more like a charter.

They are not listed on any GDS that I'm aware of, and tickets are sold only by contracted TAs in Iraq, Jordan and Turkey.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wb8iny
I can't find any references to them anywhere, other than history... I think they moved "headquarters" to FLL, and had plans to fly to Bimini and perhaps Key West by late last year, but I see no references that they were able to pull it off. No web site listing, although their code OP still exists.

They still may fly again, but it will be tough. Sad, since they use to bill themselves as the oldest continuously flying airline....

http://www.flychalks.com/index.php
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Canada 3000 is another one that went out of biz in 2001.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.