Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Ok I lold.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by anabolism
Upload it somewhere (e.g., Picasa, SmugMug, etc.), get a "share" URL for the photo, click the mountain icon when posting a reply, paste the URL inside the [IMG] ... [/IMG] tags.
You don't even have to do that anymore as images can now be posted directly to FT posts using the "Attach Files" function. There was briefly an "Announcement" sticky at the top of all forums but I see it's gone now. This blog post though has a nice step-by-step for those who need detailed instructions:

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/imag...nto-flyertalk/
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
How about a bit of Nutella on his fingers.
Reminds me of a prank

Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:55 pm

Here's the photo. Thanks for the tech help!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Eeeek!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Meant posting these a while ago but I had forgot until I was looking through photos.

Both guys with bare feet on the wall and as if that wasn't bad enough, one had a big bandage on his foot.
Attached Images    
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by chris19992
Both guys with bare feet on the wall and as if that wasn't bad enough, one had a big bandage on his foot.
That seems awfully low on the disgust scale (unless you were planning on licking the wall). Plus, if he has an injured foot, I'm sure shoes cause extra pain from the pressure.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by chris19992
Meant posting these a while ago but I had forgot until I was looking through photos.

Disgusting but not uncommon. Remember this the next time you're sitting in Row 1 and you start to reach for the magazines.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10

I wasn't watching that or anything...
This guy was on my flight yesterday!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by ehallison
I think that post #525 still holds the answer. Packing Nutella now whenever I fly.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I think that post #525 still holds the answer. Packing Nutella now whenever I fly.
But how do you, umm, apply it? I think flicking a bit of water would be easier & more subtle and deniable.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
But how do you, umm, apply it? I think flicking a bit of water would be easier & more subtle and deniable.
That guy deserves something subtle?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

That's when you start kicking the seat-back until he gets annoyed and turns around. When he asks you to stop, negotiate a fair exchange. "I will stop kicking your seat if you stop putting your hands in front of my screen."

Sometimes snark is more fun.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

In business class: barefoot in the bathroom.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Nose Picking Excavation, Wipe On Pants Leg, Repeat

Sometimes you see things you just don't believe, I did a double take.

12:40 AA flight today, DFW-ORD, just before takeoff, center seat exit row shaved head guy inserts index finger into his nose up to the first joint, digs vigorously, wipes finger on pants leg (his own pants leg thank god), reflects briefly on his progress in locating whatever he was looking for in there (missing car keys, perhaps), and repeats this process 7-8 times before he was satisfied his results.

Pilot announces we are landing at O'Hare, begins descent, and apparently he once again became anxious that without those missing car keys he couldn't get home, because he repeated that same process:
  1. Excavate to depth of one knuckle.
  2. Inspect fingertip carefully.
  3. Wipe on pants leg.
  4. Repeat

At which point I was really wishing that instead of an just an armrest between us that there had been something a little more substantial.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.