Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

I was on a LAX - OGG flight recently in 1D on a 767. I was watching the lady in 1A digging in her hair and then inspecting her fingers repeatedly for a couple of minutes when I saw one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen on a flight... She took a long strand of her hair, stretched it out between her hands and proceeded to floss all of her teeth with it.

So, whats your gross out?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
-A child puking all over his tray table. He heaved projectile vomit about 3 whole "cycles" before he made it into the airsick bag.

-Photos of the recent CO debacle.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
no so much what i saw but what i smelled. there was a group of 3 schoolteachers (i know this because they were loud, obnoxious and complaining about having to teach the next day) returning from a spring break trip. they had apparently been drinking and one guy directly in front of me kept farting through most of the flight. complaints to the flight attendant didn't do much. there was only so much she could do while in flight. it was the last flight of the evening from ATL-LGA and we had a planeload of new yorkers coming back from spring break.

if you're a parent, you'll understand this one. saw a lady changing her infant's poopy diaper. wouldn't have been so bad, except it was one of the huge poops that came up the kid's back so it got on/through his onesie. it was a real mess. poor lady.

clipping nails. that's just not something you do on a plane.

taking off the shoes i can kinda understand. taking off the socks as well... ew...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
if you're a parent, you'll understand this one. saw a lady changing her infant's poopy diaper. wouldn't have been so bad, except it was one of the huge poops that came up the kid's back so it got on/through his onesie. it was a real mess. poor lady.
Not a parent but... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:46 pm

I was a bit taken aback by the woman across the aisle who, on 2 separate occasions during the flight, took out her tweezers and a mirror and did some quite extensive plucking of her chin & surrounding facial hair.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
As above, clipping nails....as in toe nails !

I would add it was in economy, which is all the more interesting in that she was able to contort herself into a position to do it !
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
I found part of a bagel in the seat pocket in front of me
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:56 am

Programs: US Silver
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
taking off the shoes i can kinda understand. taking off the socks as well... ew...
Tell me about it...I see bare feet on the bulkhead just about every flight. YUCK.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
I found part of a bagel in the seat pocket in front of me
Over the years, I've found lots of things in seat pockets that made me gag - usually half eaten food or used diapers.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta DM
cockroach in my salad, okay a plastic one, i was the one the joke was being played on.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Silver
Not so much disgusting as amusing...a young couple on a flight from Las Vegas to Seattle decided to join the mile high club and forgot to latch the door on the lavatory. They spilled out into the aisle while they were going at it. Certainly made the trip memorable!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
-A child puking all over his tray table. He heaved projectile vomit about 3 whole "cycles" before he made it into the airsick bag.
You win.

<we need the puking smilie>
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:27 am

Programs: US Silver
Originally Posted by flyingpharmd
Not so much disgusting as amusing...a young couple on a flight from Las Vegas to Seattle decided to join the mile high club and forgot to latch the door on the lavatory. They spilled out into the aisle while they were going at it. Certainly made the trip memorable!
I would have paid money to see that
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Witnessed a fistfight between two passengers after one guy spilled red wine on the other's leather jacket. It was broken up by a couple other people and some VERY unhappy flight attendents. Both were detained after the flight in AMS.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Wow. What a timely thead....

Yesterday on YYT-EWR flight the guy across aisle was using empty coke bottle as spittoon for chewing tobacco...... I had a crick in my neck by the end of the flight keeping my eyes averted.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.