On-airport hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-airport hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
On-airport hotels

I have a bunch of trips to out of the way places where travel is going to be a pain - small cities with double hop connections. To minimize travel I was thinking of flying back to a hub on the last flight of the day, spending the night there and flying home on the first flight in the morning. So I am looking for on airport grounds hotels - hotels where you can walk to the gate from your room, no shuttle, so I can get the most amount of sleep.

I have stayed at the Hilton at ORD, the Westin at DTW, the Hyatts at DFW and PIT.

What about PHI, ATL, IAH, and CLT?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
MCO, CDG, FRA

I've connected through all four of those ones you list, but don't recall seeing hotels physically inside the terminal building or easily walkable a short distance outside. But then again, I wasn't paying close attention...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Marriott at IAH. Between Terminals B and C. Connected to all terminals via the underground people mover. Or you can walk along the tracks.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
BOS. The Hilton is nice and frequently available on Priceline (or at least it was).
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
CDG, LHR and SIN.
        If memory serves, the hotel (Sheraton?) at Bradley Field - (Hartford, Conn., and Springfield, Mass.) had a billboard reading "If we were any closer to the planes, you'd need a pilot's license." BDL isn't exactly a hub, though.
        Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
        If you are out west, SMF has a hotel easily walkable directly across the street from the "B" terminal. It is a large independent that appears to have conference/banquet facilities. I have not stayed there.
        Old Aug 6, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
        TPA has a Marriott inside. If you're going further afield YVR has a Fairmont inside and MUC has a Hilton that involves less than a minute walk outside.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:03 am

I've stayed at both the Hyatts at DFW numerous times. Both are clean, relatively quiet, have bars open late, 24 hr coffee shop w/ some premade food. Grand is about $100/night more than Regency. Both have lots of specials and Regency accepts Priceline sometimes (though both are big meeting/convention hotels, so sometimes they are full).

Pinniped - don't know how you could miss them, especially if you've ever ridden the tram that circles the terminals. The tram has stops at both.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
        ATL does not have a hotel inside or connected to the airport.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:34 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
        CLT has no on-site hotels, although several are close via van shuttle.

Last edited by etch5895; Aug 7, 2007 at 7:10 am Reason: Corrected info following cranial flatulence
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
        Originally Posted by etch5895
        CLT and PHL have no on-site hotels, although several are close via van shuttle.
        PHL has the Marriott which I stayed at last year - this is connected to the terminal - the walking route is sign posted throughout the airport.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
        Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
        PHL has the Marriott which I stayed at last year - this is connected to the terminal - the walking route is sign posted throughout the airport.
        You're right. I forgot about the Marriot. I'll edit my post.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:17 am

BFS and NCL - not much good for US hubs I know but still qualify
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:05 am
        A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
        Originally Posted by deubster
        Pinniped - don't know how you could miss them, especially if you've ever ridden the tram that circles the terminals. The tram has stops at both.
        Oh, I knew about the DFW Hyatts...spent six months flying in/out of DFW, working in Irving. It was the others on the list that I wasn't aware of hotels. For example, I haven't connected at IAH in about 8 years, and when I did I literally ran from one gate to the next and never knew there was a Marriott there.
        Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
        MCO has a really nice Hyatt inside the terminal (at the North end of the main terminal area.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.