Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

On-airport hotels

On-airport hotels

Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
DEL has both a real(ish) hotel as well as sleeping pods airside in the international terminal. They may also have them in the domestic terminal...not sure.

We spent the night in the hotel about 2 years ago: it was small, but otherwise a normal fully-enclosed en suite hotel room two or three floors above the main concourse level. Wasn't luxurious, but it served the purpose.

I didn't check out the pods too closely: I believe they are on concourse level and probably subject to the usual noises of the airport. I'm not sure how well I'd sleep in one of those.

Considering how many odd-hours int'l-to-int'l connections you can get through this place, I imagine both do a lot of business.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: VA Silver; BA Silver; IHG Platinum
LHR Sofitel...

...is probably the best landside airport hotel I have stayed in. It's connected via lift to Terminal 5...

...and way better than it's sister hotel at Gatwick North Terminal...

Last edited by josefk68; Sep 17, 2014 at 6:03 am
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The Westin inside DEN is set to open next year.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm a big fan of the landside Citizen M at AMS. Just a quick walk. The rooms are purposely tiny but have everything you need for an overnight, and the lobby area is great for relaxing with a very laid back bar with a nice vibe - plenty of food options, either premade, or at dinner time they serve a meal of the day for a modest price.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:16 pm
JBa

Programs: some
I like the Movenpick hotel at STR. Just a brief walk from the airport. Also like the HGA at the Squaire across the street from FRA airport. All indoor walking and great food options. The Paulaner has great Schweinehaxen.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
ARN has three to choose from: Radisson Blu Sky City, Clarion Arlanda, and Rest & Fly.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
The Westin inside DEN is set to open next year.
Is that new train on a similar schedule? Looking forward to a day when I don't have to deal with all of the shenanigans of Denver cabbies...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Is that new train on a similar schedule? Looking forward to a day when I don't have to deal with all of the shenanigans of Denver cabbies...
The East Light Rail line won't be complete until 2016, which means 2018.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.